Need an advice for grouding my computer

nociception

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
I successfully built my first computer this morning and I had some environmental concerns for my new build. My room only has 2-prong outlets with moderately cushiony carpets and I also live in Northeastern US, thus I was very concerned about the upcoming winter.

Although I took my computer and monitor to another room with 3-prong outlets when installing windows 7, my ideal workplace would be my own room.

This is my power supply = SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W ATX12V V2.3/EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply

I'm not very good with understanding technical jargon so please be clear in your suggestions.

Much thanks.

nociception

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
I thought about just taking out the 'ground' prong on my surge protector, and connect my computer case with a metal wire for dealing with background static, connect that to a metal pipe in my room (I think it touches the soil...).

Is taking out that 3rd prong on a surge protector a bad idea? I've done it before with older computers and didn't have much problem with it... But I don't know if there are any negative effects associated with that.