idiotacp

Honorable
Aug 6, 2012
will my pc get bottlenecked if i use a asus 660ti or asus hd 7850 on my pentium e5700 @3ghz (ddr3 mobo)with pci 2.0 slots

Solution
D
There would be a small bottleneck but mostly your problem would be with newer games that require a quad core CPU. The PCI-E 2.0 slots would not matter at all. The CPU would hold back the graphics card somewhat though.
D

Deleted member 217926

There would be a small bottleneck but mostly your problem would be with newer games that require a quad core CPU. The PCI-E 2.0 slots would not matter at all. The CPU would hold back the graphics card somewhat though.

Solution
G

Yes but dont be too worried. There is always a bottleneck in a pc, and when you fix one you create another. So dont worry too much about bottlenecks. The only time to care is when it really affects your systems performance and causes you issues.

RamjoTejada

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

There would be an increase in your FPS but I don't think you can maximize your VGA. If you can upgrade your CPU, then go ahead :) Me myself is using a Core 2 Quad core and this being ancient, I think my rig is not fully capable of handling high end VGAs. hope this helps! :)

D

Deleted member 217926

A GTX 660 Ti and an HD 7850 both recommend a 450w power supply.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

Stick with a quality brand like Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ or Antec. You can find one of these brands just about as cheap as a junk brand so there is no reason to not buy a quality power supply.

Running the graphics card with an older CPU will not harm it.