Help! RTCW crashes right at end

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

I'm in the final battle with Heinrich, and just as I'm about to beat him,
the game freezes! It's happened four times now, and it's driving me nuts!
Anybody ever see this? What do I do? Thanks.

Hiawatha Bray wrote:
> I'm in the final battle with Heinrich, and just as I'm about to beat
> him, the game freezes! It's happened four times now, and it's
> driving me nuts! Anybody ever see this? What do I do? Thanks.

Just taking a guess here so forgive me if this is poor advice.. First thing
to try is a scandisk of the partition (drive letter) that the game is on.
Make sure it is a low level scan (includes scanning the surface..) (Make
sure the game is patched to current release.) Try playing again if you get a
all clear on the scandisk. If it crashes again, redo scandisk (without the
surface scan). Then reinstall the game (the game save files won't be
erased). Patch it up, try playing again. If you're still having issues, try
different screen resolutions and maybe video card drivers.