Sign in with
Your question

Ati2dvag

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 10, 2012 7:34:18 PM

Hello,
i got the blue screen and it was noted that ati2dvag driver was the problem.
I can't find a place to download the driver to fix the problem without having to pay money. Is that how it's done now? if so, can anyone recommend which company to choose from?

More about : ati2dvag

a c 319 U Graphics card
October 11, 2012 12:27:32 AM

katrina_69 said:
Hello,
i got the blue screen and it was noted that ati2dvag driver was the problem.
I can't find a place to download the driver to fix the problem without having to pay money. Is that how it's done now? if so, can anyone recommend which company to choose from?

ati2dvag.dll is a dynamic link library file. But installing a new graphic driver should fix the problem. What is the make/model of the graphic card? Your O/S? You can to go to AMD's website and download the latest driver for your card and O/S for free.
http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads....
m
l
October 12, 2012 1:17:23 PM

thank you for reponding. I followed your link, and downloaded. The download wouldn't complete, it said: try to setup display with a standard VGA driver before running setup. So, I have gone into my device manager, no yellow exlamations, everything looks to be fine there. under display adapters I have: All In Wonder 9000 Low Profile. I am running Windows xp, sp3.
doing some searching on VGA, and I am confused on how to proceed. Is my registry messed up? how to fix it? Do I need to install the VGA plus reinstall my Radeon 9000? or is it more serious like my VGA died? any information would be helpful. thank you.
m
l
Related resources
a c 319 U Graphics card
October 12, 2012 3:05:05 PM

Troubleshooting from afar is always difficult. But if you suspect registry errors, I would suggest running CCleaner to clean the system of registry errors and resource wasting junk files. Do the Clean and Registry both. You may have to run it more than once if your system is badly fouled.
http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

You should usually uninstall the existing graphic driver before installing a new one. Windows will load a generic video driver at boot so you can get a display. Then try to download and install the new driver for your card and operating system. Be sure to choose the correct download for either 32 bit XP or 64 bit XP depending on which you have.
m
l
a c 217 U Graphics card
October 12, 2012 3:12:54 PM

You should be able to remove the All in Wonder 9000 device from the device manager, then reboot. If that still doesn't work, look in the "remove software" list in the control panel for graphics drivers, remove those too.

Then install the drivers.
m
l
October 19, 2012 2:04:43 AM

Thank you all for the suggestions. However, I have failed to fix the problem. I did as suggested and I just couldn't get it to work.
I even did a system restore to different date, and try to update drivers from there. I tried downloading drivers from the internet, plus trying to install drivers from cd that came with the computer.
I could get the all in wonder driver back installed in the device manager, but then i had another driver show up, and when i would delete that one, I seemed to lose my all in wonder. ? And no matter what I had, I kept getting the blue screen.
So, out of frustration and lack of patience to keep wading thru the technical project, I took the computer in to the clinic.
thanks for the help.
I still appreciate the help here.
m
l
October 21, 2012 5:19:03 PM

So much for the computer clinic. All they did was to disable my All in Wonder graphics card.
So, I have a computer that boots up just fine now, no blue screen; however, the graphics card is not functioning, which makes my viewing on the monitor a bit odd.
Just thought that others that get in this blue screenmode, might want to just disable the graphics card to regain function of computer. I'm not sure if I need a new graphics card or not, but at least I can get my data off the computer now. No, I can't work with any graphics programs as the viewing is awful.
m
l
!