Ethernet states connection status disconnected nvidia

ThorLongShanks

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Hello,
I just installed nVidia Nforce drivers for my Asus 750i motherboard, I show I have internet connection, however I can not get windows to pull up a site. TRIED everything reset modem, router, checked all settings. When I pull up the networking system information, it states connection status: disconnected via the Nvdia controll panel. Reset everything back to factory defaults still nothing....IT was working, I intalled I tunes, and then it stopped....I uninstalled Bonjour thinking that it might be the issue....nothing

novasynth

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
try checking your DNS server settings. Usually, when you connect to a router or something, it will give your computer its own IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS settings. Depending on weather or not your network is Static or Dynamic, this could be the problem. If your computer is registering that you have an internet connection and are still not able to pull up a webpage, try going into your TCP/IP Ver.4 settings and changing your Primary DNS to the same IP as your router (should be along the lines or something like 192.168.0.1) and make your Secondary DNS 8.8.8.8. The IP address 8.8.8.8 is Google's local DNS server and you should have no problem using it.