Handicapped player needs help with joystick config.

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

I've lost most of fine motor skills in my hands, and have to
chicken peck to type. I can still use a mouse, and joystick combo for
FPS. I got RTCW to detect my joystick (CH FlightStick Pro), but I need
to know what to type in the console to set the axis deadzone, and
sensitivity. If someone has a config for an analog joystick in RTCW
they could post, it would be great help. Sorry. I've tried many times
do keyboard, but it's impossible at this point in my life. Bought this
game long ago, but never played past the first mission where you kill
the interigator. Would like to play this game through before I can no
longer use a mouse, or joystick even. Thanks.

"Larry Roberts" <skin-e@juno.com> wrote in message
> I've lost most of fine motor skills in my hands, and have to
> chicken peck to type. I can still use a mouse, and joystick combo for
> FPS. I got RTCW to detect my joystick (CH FlightStick Pro), but I need
> to know what to type in the console to set the axis deadzone, and
> sensitivity. If someone has a config for an analog joystick in RTCW
> they could post, it would be great help. Sorry. I've tried many times
> do keyboard, but it's impossible at this point in my life. Bought this
> game long ago, but never played past the first mission where you kill
> the interigator. Would like to play this game through before I can no
> longer use a mouse, or joystick even. Thanks.

If you haven't tried it, maybe you can set up the joystick in Windows (via
the Control Panel). I don't know if this would work for the game or not,
just an idea.

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 17:27:47 -0400, "Matt B." <sawdust100@hotmail.net>
wrote:

>"Larry Roberts" <skin-e@juno.com> wrote in message
>> I've lost most of fine motor skills in my hands, and have to
>> chicken peck to type. I can still use a mouse, and joystick combo for
>> FPS. I got RTCW to detect my joystick (CH FlightStick Pro), but I need
>> to know what to type in the console to set the axis deadzone, and
>> sensitivity. If someone has a config for an analog joystick in RTCW
>> they could post, it would be great help. Sorry. I've tried many times
>> do keyboard, but it's impossible at this point in my life. Bought this
>> game long ago, but never played past the first mission where you kill
>> the interigator. Would like to play this game through before I can no
>> longer use a mouse, or joystick even. Thanks.
>
>If you haven't tried it, maybe you can set up the joystick in Windows (via
>the Control Panel). I don't know if this would work for the game or not,
>just an idea.

I have the joystick setup in Control Panel, but the problem
with RTCW is that the developer didn't add a menu option to serup a
joystick in the game. It has to be entered in the console, or by way
of autoexec.cfg file.
It peeves me that the developers just assumes no one uses a
gameport control in FPS. I used to play Quake 1, and 2 online using a
Gravis Analog Pro joystick... No mouse, or keyboard, and I held my own
very well. Beat down alot of mouse, and keyboard players back then,
even though everyone claimed mouse, & keyboard was the only way.

> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 17:27:47 -0400, "Matt B." <sawdust100@hotmail.net>
> wrote:
>

> >"Larry Roberts" <skin-e@juno.com> wrote in message
> >> I've lost most of fine motor skills in my hands, and have to
> >> chicken peck to type. I can still use a mouse, and joystick combo for
> >> FPS. I got RTCW to detect my joystick (CH FlightStick Pro), but I need
> >> to know what to type in the console to set the axis deadzone, and
> >> sensitivity. If someone has a config for an analog joystick in RTCW
> >> they could post, it would be great help. Sorry. I've tried many times
> >> do keyboard, but it's impossible at this point in my life. Bought this
> >> game long ago, but never played past the first mission where you kill
> >> the interigator. Would like to play this game through before I can no
> >> longer use a mouse, or joystick even. Thanks.
> >
> >If you haven't tried it, maybe you can set up the joystick in Windows
(via
> >the Control Panel). I don't know if this would work for the game or not,
> >just an idea.
> >

> I have the joystick setup in Control Panel, but the problem
> with RTCW is that the developer didn't add a menu option to serup a
> joystick in the game. It has to be entered in the console, or by way
> of autoexec.cfg file.
> It peeves me that the developers just assumes no one uses a
> gameport control in FPS. I used to play Quake 1, and 2 online using a
> Gravis Analog Pro joystick... No mouse, or keyboard, and I held my own
> very well. Beat down alot of mouse, and keyboard players back then,
> even though everyone claimed mouse, & keyboard was the only way.
I have this problem too with a broken right wrist bone, and I've just been
playing lightly using mouse and keyboard, but would like to get my joystick
to work for my left hand... I had this problem with America's Army as well
and haven't been able to fix it yet.
--FEDEX__1