Adding a server to favorites crashes ET

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Does anyone else have this problem? If I click the box on the right
hand side of the screen to add a server to my favorites, ET crashes.
I've also tried adding a server to my favorites from inside the game by
using server info and that crashes ET as well. Is there any way around
this?

LVIII

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:01:07 -0500, Lord Vader III wrote:

> Does anyone else have this problem? If I click the box on the right
> hand side of the screen to add a server to my favorites, ET crashes.
> I've also tried adding a server to my favorites from inside the game by
> using server info and that crashes ET as well. Is there any way around
> this?

Use a real game browser, like All Seeing Eye (for Windows), or XQF (for
Linux).

Linux Registered User #327951

Dan C wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:01:07 -0500, Lord Vader III wrote:
>
> > Does anyone else have this problem? If I click the box on the right
> > hand side of the screen to add a server to my favorites, ET crashes.
> > I've also tried adding a server to my favorites from inside the game by
> > using server info and that crashes ET as well. Is there any way around
> > this?
>
> Use a real game browser, like All Seeing Eye (for Windows), or XQF (for
> Linux).

Thanks for not helping.

I do use ASE but sometimes I like using the in-game browser because
everytime I load ET, all the pk3 files crash and then I have to reset
the screen resolution in the game. Besides, even though it was a free
game, it should still work properly without having to use/purchase an
external program.

LVIII

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:47:06 -0500, Lord Vader III wrote:

> Thanks for not helping.

I answered your question. If you don't like the answers, don't ask.

> I do use ASE but sometimes I like using the in-game browser because
> everytime I load ET, all the pk3 files crash and then I have to reset
> the screen resolution in the game. Besides, even though it was a free
> game, it should still work properly without having to use/purchase an
> external program.

It does work properly without an external program. You have something
seriously borked with your installation. I'd suggest a re-install.

Linux Registered User #327951