Fastest rebate ever - thank you Tamron

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 21, 2005 3:57:40 PM

I bought a Tamron 24-135mm for my Digital Rebel awhile back and
submitted the rebate request a week and half ago. I received the check
yesterday! It's only $40 but I usually write off rebates as a lost
cause so the check was a pleasant surprise.

Now if the lens performed as well as their rebate service I'd be a
customer for life. Actually, my only beef with the lens is that the
zoom ring is extremely stiff.

Greg

More about : fastest rebate tamron

April 21, 2005 11:18:42 PM

"G.T." <get.lists@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I bought a Tamron 24-135mm for my Digital Rebel awhile back and
> submitted the rebate request a week and half ago. I received the check
> yesterday! It's only $40 but I usually write off rebates as a lost
> cause so the check was a pleasant surprise.
>
> Now if the lens performed as well as their rebate service I'd be a
> customer for life. Actually, my only beef with the lens is that the
> zoom ring is extremely stiff.
>
> Greg

Actually Tamron has been very fast for me, too, on a Bronica rebate. So far
my two worst "hall-of-shamers" have been Syntax (motherboard, it took over
seven MONTHS and I cc'd the attorney general on everything early on) and
O'Reilly (book, it took four months...bought before Christmas and sent in
before the end of the year and arrived today). Good promotional idea...I
won't buy those brands again with or without a rebate. I wonder if
companies realize that they are losing customers (forever) with some of
their rebate practices.

George
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 3:57:02 AM

George wrote:
> "G.T." <get.lists@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I bought a Tamron 24-135mm for my Digital Rebel awhile back and
>>submitted the rebate request a week and half ago. I received the check
>>yesterday! It's only $40 but I usually write off rebates as a lost
>>cause so the check was a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>Now if the lens performed as well as their rebate service I'd be a
>>customer for life. Actually, my only beef with the lens is that the
>>zoom ring is extremely stiff.
>>
>>Greg

Staples is pretty amazing too. Enter the info on line, rebate within a
week.

www.urbanvoyeur.com
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 8:19:13 PM

In article <1114109860.955324.213040@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
get.lists@gmail.com says...
> I bought a Tamron 24-135mm for my Digital Rebel awhile back and
> submitted the rebate request a week and half ago. I received the check
> yesterday! It's only $40 but I usually write off rebates as a lost
> cause so the check was a pleasant surprise.
>
> Now if the lens performed as well as their rebate service I'd be a
> customer for life. Actually, my only beef with the lens is that the
> zoom ring is extremely stiff.
>
> Greg

Still waiting on my rebate from early December...
!