Solved

Will these parts be compatible

Hi I am wondering if all of this is compatible

CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E

CASE: Coolmaster HAF x blue edition

HDD: western digital 4tb black 7200 rpm

GPU: EVGA GeForce gtx 690

PSU: thermal take tough power XT gold 1375w

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 64GB (8 x 8gb)

Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79

9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will parts compatible
  1. Best answer
    They would all technically be compatible, but I don't see the point of 64gb of RAM.
    If it's for server purposes, then you should be getting a Xeon processor instead.

Does Caviar Black even have a 4TB unit? :P
    I'm not sure what you'll need that much storage for but I suggest getting 2 pcs of 2TB Caviar Greens instead, then a 256-512gb SSD.
  2. excella1221 said:
    They would all technically be compatible, but I don't see the point of 64gb of RAM.
    If it's for server purposes, then you should be getting a Xeon processor instead.

Does Caviar Black even have a 4TB unit? :P
    I'm not sure what you'll need that much storage for but I suggest getting 2 pcs of 2TB Caviar Greens instead, then a 256-512gb SSD.

Thanks for replying, for the 4tb hard drive I meant to say RE instead of black :p
    Also the point for 64gb of ram is for show and for making 3d hardcore games
  3. You'll only need 16gb of RAM for that.
  4. To show off?
  5. For producing 3d media.
    I won't recommend getting anything that would just be wasted since our goal here is giving people the best bang for buck on their builds, but I won't stop you either. :P
  6. K thanks
  7. All of those are nice parts and all are compatible. I agree with excella, you don't need 64 gb of RAM. That's overkill. You should get a SSD as the primary drive. It will give you quick start ups and load games faster.
  8. Best answer selected by Jacle.
  9. I'd also like to throw out there that the 690 might not be a good pick. 2 670s will outperform it, especially if you're playing at 1080p - you can get 4GB vram 670s, but the 690 cheats - it only has 2GB usable for each core; thus it's like running two 2GB, downclocked 680s.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Compatibility Systems