Changing graphic cards.

michaeldr

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Hello, I´m currently in the process of chanigng my integrated graphic cards (Motherboad is a G41M-VGS3/ G41M-VS3) for a XFX AMD Radeon HD 6870.

I have been reading a few guides of how to do so and finally the user manual. The manual and the guides differ a lot on how to change them. Guides asks you to unmount the current graphic card and then change it for the new one, but in this case i cannnot un-mount it.

I basically know what to do, but right now i´m asking for further assitance in an attempt of not screwing things up.

So i come here to ask for ¨more¨help about it. If i have to be carefull with something, if i have to plug or unplug something, or hell, even the way the fan is supposed to be facing.

Hope you can help me out and thanks in advance.

don't over complicate things. with the machine off and unplugged.......... slip the new video card in it's slot ( correctly ). screw it down. attach power if applicable. restart machine. if all goes well windows will find the new device. after that you can install the drivers for it. ( the ones you downloaded beforehand from AMD's driver site )

if all goes well, no worries. if complications arise they will be dealt with.