XFX 6870 screen starts blinking purple?

For the last two days my screen has started blinking purple after about an hour or two of gaming usually. I couldn't find anything about this online, but I'm guessing that it is my GPU. Is there anything I can do to fix it or should I get a new one? My drivers are up to date.
6 answers Last reply
More about 6870 screen starts blinking purple
  1. did you try her with another monitor first
  2. i don't see how it could be my monitor's fault because when i switch to a different input the blinking stops even though it's still going on on the PC input.
  3. Just realized what I said was stupid and it is possible that there is a faulty wire. I will try a different HDMI cord for my PC to monitor and see if that helps.
  4. that will tell us if you gpu card is the one who is defective, your on hdmi does the system flicker on vga or dvi when connected to monitor
  5. Not quite sure what you said. Are you asking if the computer flickers if I use a VGA or DVI? Oh and I forgot to say that the screen flickers transparent purple, I can use everything fine, but obviously it's extremely annoying.
  6. that why you have to test with another monitor to see if it is the graphic card or monitor who made this
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Gaming Graphics