Sign in with
Your question

XFX 6870 screen starts blinking purple?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 11, 2012 12:24:02 AM

For the last two days my screen has started blinking purple after about an hour or two of gaming usually. I couldn't find anything about this online, but I'm guessing that it is my GPU. Is there anything I can do to fix it or should I get a new one? My drivers are up to date.
a b 4 Gaming
October 11, 2012 2:10:36 AM

did you try her with another monitor first
m
l
October 11, 2012 2:35:54 AM

i don't see how it could be my monitor's fault because when i switch to a different input the blinking stops even though it's still going on on the PC input.
m
l
Related resources
October 11, 2012 2:38:46 AM

Just realized what I said was stupid and it is possible that there is a faulty wire. I will try a different HDMI cord for my PC to monitor and see if that helps.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 11, 2012 2:39:11 AM

that will tell us if you gpu card is the one who is defective, your on hdmi does the system flicker on vga or dvi when connected to monitor
m
l
October 11, 2012 2:54:15 AM

Not quite sure what you said. Are you asking if the computer flickers if I use a VGA or DVI? Oh and I forgot to say that the screen flickers transparent purple, I can use everything fine, but obviously it's extremely annoying.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 11, 2012 2:57:49 AM

that why you have to test with another monitor to see if it is the graphic card or monitor who made this
m
l
!