Sign in with
Your question

$ 600-750 computer rig. Need Help

Last response: in Systems
December 2, 2012 5:29:10 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: in 2 weeks

Budget range: $600-$750

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming/Surfing the web/Youtube/videos

Parts Not Required: Mouse, keyboard, monitor, speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg.com

Parts Preferences: No preference

Overclocking: I am not sure since i don't know what this is and how to do it

SLI or Crossfire: I am not sure since i don't know what this is and how to do it

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Just the BEST gaming computer it can be for the price range , games i would like to play i want to play at MAX settings.

More about : 600 750 computer rig

December 2, 2012 6:11:06 AM

Alot of people will fight me on this, but at 600-750ish range, I think that buying a pre build is better. Its not until the 1000 range where you start to save money by building yourself.
Heres a breakdown of a 750 machine but in a do-it-yourself breakdown
Operating system-given that most users use windows.......$100 and thats being conservative since 75% of the available windows OS's still widely in use are more than that
CPU-i5 since its the gaming standard intel wise and using the stock cooler.......$180-$220
GPU-gtx 650 since its a high middle of the line card and is a good price......$120
MoBo-basic x79 or lower model that can still preform......$130-$175
Case-Idk what exactly the midtower case top and bottom are for pricing so ill say...... $70 since its the average for basic midtower cases im seeing
Power Supply-simple bronze grade corsair or equivalent 500W......$60
Hard Drive-Standard 1tb 7200 drive, you could use a refurbished to reduce price but I STRONGLY advise you not to unless you backup your data regularly......$70
RAM-Simply 8 gb hyperx red 1600mhz, you could go for more but I dont think this level of computer needs it......$40
Optical Drive-Simple basic drive, you didn't list a need to burn or use bluray.......$25-$30

Now adding up the lowest values ive posted(meaning when I posted a range using the low end) I get $795. Remember that doesnt include a monitor, wireless card, keyboard, mouse, ect. I know there are motherboard with built in wifi but they are few and far between.

I truely believe the way to go is prebuilt simply because they will give you a better deal. Know that if you insist on building, your price range will cost more to put together, OR you will get lesser parts.
As for trying to play a game on Max everything with a gtx650(common part in gaming prebuilds at $750), its going to matter on the game. League of Legends, teamfortress, older total war game, old COD game(4 or before id guess).....All those probably will be fine. But when you get into games like battlefield 3, Blackops 2, sleeping dogs, assassins creed 3, any new total war, you won't be able to play on max. Thats not a fault of the build, but simply higher level cards cost too much to stay in the price range whether it be a prebuild or a do-it-yourself homebuild.
well thats my imput, take it with a grain of salt
m
l
December 2, 2012 6:12:22 AM
Related resources
December 2, 2012 6:14:11 AM

Nice build, it may work for him but the mobo will bottleneck the gpu......i think at least

OH forgot in the first message but its so long ill put it in here.....
Overclocking is making your gpu, cpu, or ram run faster. Think of it like the engine of a car. Each part of the engine, if you break it down to the simplest explination, moves another part of the engine. If you speed up the rotation of a part in the engine the system will go faster. Same deal, by speeding up the multiplier or another part of the gpu, cpu, or ram, you are making it run faster.
SLI or Crossfire is using multiple GPUs at once.....GPU is your graphics card
m
l
December 2, 2012 6:52:50 AM

blacktiger826 said:
Nice build, it may work for him but the mobo will bottleneck the gpu......i think at least

OH forgot in the first message but its so long ill put it in here.....
Overclocking is making your gpu, cpu, or ram run faster. Think of it like the engine of a car. Each part of the engine, if you break it down to the simplest explination, moves another part of the engine. If you speed up the rotation of a part in the engine the system will go faster. Same deal, by speeding up the multiplier or another part of the gpu, cpu, or ram, you are making it run faster.
SLI or Crossfire is using multiple GPUs at once.....GPU is your graphics card

Hardly a Hd 7970 Barely even saturates a PCI-E 2.0 @ 8X speed let alone an PCI-E 3.0 16x connection
m
l
!