nrgrbos

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012

nrgrbos

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
You should surely change your motherboard and get something from AsRock, Asus or Gigabyte.
But will it cost more? Am I changing it because the motherboard I have isn't compatible, or because another one is simply better? Thanks

jaideep1337

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012
Everything is ok except for the PSU. You don't need a 850watt PSU for that system. A 650watt will be more than enough.

So get something like the TX650 unless you're planing on going SLI in the future.

And with the money you save on the PSU you can step up your GPU to something like a 7970Ghz edition.

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Many AsRock motherboards and Gigabyte motherboards are at the same price.

MSI isn't good enough for motherboards, As you have selected high end Parts you should buy a better Motherboard.
Other Motherboards are far better than the MSI one.

nrgrbos

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Everything is ok except for the PSU. You don't need a 850watt PSU for that system. A 650watt will be more than enough.

So get something like the TX650 unless you're planing on going SLI in the future.

And with the money you save on the PSU you can step up your GPU to something like a 7970Ghz edition.
I'll look into it. But assuming I did go with what I already have, how long would I be able to play games on high settings before I need to upgrade components? Thanks

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
More than 2 years. Its impossible to make a accurate guess but it may happen that games in future will be like todays and not need any more GPU power.

GTX 670 is very powerful and is actually for higher resolutions. But as you buy that you'll get it to future proof.

nrgrbos

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
More than 2 years. Its impossible to make a accurate guess but it may happen that games in future will be like todays and not need any more GPU power.

GTX 670 is very powerful and is actually for higher resolutions. But as you buy that you'll get it to future proof.
Thank you. About the motherboard, can you link me one that is better but compatible? Nothing really expensive please

TRENDING THREADS