The case and power supply are just wild guesses, and I am not factoring in the cost of the operating system or DVD drive.
I also do not intend to overclock anything (unless there's no reason not to and it would be a big help,) and I don't intend to add on to or upgrade this thing until I build a completely new rig in a few years.
• Do these components all plug in to each other?
• if I am not going to overclock anything or use Crossfire/SLI, are there more effecient components I can get?
• Is it better to get two 8GB RAM chips vs four 4GB ones, or does it not matter?
• Windows 7 or 8? I don't care how many start buttons it has, just which one runs games better.
• Is there really $70 worth of difference between a 660, 660 Ti, and a 670?
• Do I need a surge protector? Or does the power supply act as one already?
• Is there anything I am missing?
• Would a pre-built computer actually be a better value?
well. i tried lol. the nvidia card restraint really adds a good bit of cost.... And god damn pcpartpicker for adding in microcenter..... it's $215 on newegg. brings the total before shipping/tax/rebate to $1002.