First buld

Nicklovn

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Sure. If you weren't OC-ing you wouldn't need the extra heatsink to cool your CPU.

Anyways, your build is compatible. I should just inform you that you won't be putting two of your cores to work for games so far. They haven't gotten to quad-threaded games (at least not that I'm aware of) so you'll only dedicate 4-cores to gaming.

Otherwise, I've got that Seagate in my list and I've never gone with Seagate...but what a price!

As for your processor, you would probably be happier with a Phenom II X4 965. While the 6300 can calculate more, they'll both run the same as far as games are involved.

Yizhong

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Thanks for the advice, ill actually change my gpu with a Geforce 660ti 2gb. Ill also probally stay with the cpu for now, in case a game comes out that needs to use more cores (future proof i guess?).

Yizhong

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
Ill be o.c' my cpu to 4.5 GHz too which is probally overkill for modern games since they use the gpu more than the cpu, except for sc2 (or so i've been told).

Nicklovn

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Sure. That sounds good. And higher clock rates are always good, especially for open world games like ArmA. I haven't played SC2 so I can't tell you about that.

Also, 4.5GHz isn't overkill. In fact, if you weren't OC-ing that much it'd be pointless to even buy a separate heatsink.

With stock you can get up to 4.2GHz or even 4.4GHz though you might need to up the voltage (at least on the 4100)

Yizhong

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
I didn't know that games needed the cpu to be at that high of a clock rate. Also, is the Geforce 660 Ti (2 gb) better than the radeon 7850 (2 gb)? The 660 Ti is actually cheaper which is a surprize since that alot of people say it more expensive than the 7850.