Sign in with
Your question

Problems with my new PC

Last response: in Systems
December 2, 2012 12:46:54 PM

Ok, so sometimes i get my PC to boot and to work perfectly fine.
Not sure why, but sometimes i turn my PC on and i don't get a boot at all, not to bios.

I'm starting to think its a defective video card maybe? I have the Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 1GB

When it does work, everything goes well, until... I run a high intensive task. I played diablo 3 for 20 mins, then my PC froze and started making a very loud noise. Also i got to to boot up again and then it froze while just watching a video trailer.

Could it be a processor issue, or a GPU error? I don't know if its a driver issue, i used the CD Driver, i tried the Online Driver but it didn't seem to work, and made it so i could couldn't boot untill like 20x on trying.

Yeah but to recap, 95% of the time i don't even get a boot up. I have to try like 10 times to get a boot then it works fine until. Then it seems to freeze after watching video or playing game.

I found i can boot if i wait 10 minutes and unplug my power from the Computer.
I'll edit this if i find anything.

Any comments/opinions would be grateful, i'm stuck and have been back and forth MicroCenter 5 times, to switch MotherBoards... i just wan't this to work..

EDIT: yes, to get a good boot, i must turn my PSU completely off, turn back on, then reboot. About to see if Card Fails again.

More about : problems

a b B Homebuilt system
December 2, 2012 12:50:29 PM

Hi, It might be a video card issue, but I would firstly test with a differnt power supply, if possible just to make sure it isn't a power issue.
December 2, 2012 12:53:54 PM

alexoiu said:
Hi, It might be a video card issue, but I would firstly test with a differnt power supply, if possible just to make sure it isn't a power issue.

I only have one PSU at my house at the moment, well i have like an old 2005, 180w not sure if that will work.. haha
But a thing to note, the Video Card is a PCI and it powers itself. Could that cause any problems?
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
December 2, 2012 12:59:07 PM

No, but those booting issues might be related to a faulty power supply. You can also try reseating the video card (make sure that the power is off when reseating).
December 2, 2012 1:00:41 PM

alexoiu said:
No, but those booting issues might be related to a faulty power supply. You can also try reseating the video card (make sure that the power is off when reseating).

Yeah, i reaseted it multiple times, in differenct PCI slots :( 
December 2, 2012 1:08:37 PM

alexoiu said:

WOW, thanks for telling me to check PSU, i checked my cables, and i think it wasnt plugged in all the way.. haha lets go test now :) 
EDIT: now its even worse than before.. sigh
December 3, 2012 10:31:49 PM

alexoiu said:

It was actually me being totally stupid! I put the RAM in two different slots, not corresponding ones.. haha I didn't think that could have led to crashes... I guess i should of noticed when it said only 3.8 Ram usable of 8GB ram.. -.-"
!