Sign in with
Your question

LCD Monitors and games

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 13, 2003 5:54:38 AM

I recently got the Samsung SyncMax 150N as a gift from someone, and I was wondering if LCD monitors are any good for gaming.

Specs: 15"
Response Time: 25 ms

I heard that a CRT monitor displays more colours than an LCD, and has higher image quality. So, would I notice any graphic quality differences when playing a game in an LCD as opposed to a CRT monitor? Also, I heard that LCD monitors have ghosting effects when playing games on it. Would my monitor's response time be good enough?

Furthermore, the max resolution for this flatscreen is 1024x768. If I were to go to like 1200, would I have any problems?

More about : lcd monitors games

August 14, 2003 7:51:35 PM

The LCD you describe will be inferior to a CRT. A good gaming LCD would have a higher resolution and a response time of 16ms (or lower as time goes on). A 17" wouldn't hurt either.
August 16, 2003 5:24:39 AM

Check it out and see if you like it, I mean some will notice the ghosting, others won't. This stuff is influenced quite a bit by how the user likes things so give it a test run and return if you don't like it. As far as the higher res goes, windows won't let you, never tried it in a game to be honest, but the best would be to run at it's native resoultion of 1024x768.

It's not about good or bad, it's about which gets you rich and laid faster.
!