Nokia 6600

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.gsm.carriers.voicestream,alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Who is using the Nokia 6600 with T-Mobile? Comments? Advantages?
Disadvantages?

I'm up for buying a new phone from T-Mobile, but have been waiting for a
phone (preferably some type of smartphone) that I'd like more than the
current offerings.

Getting tired of waiting, perhaps would consider the 6600. It is a Symbian
smartphone (I've never had one, not familiar with them). One of the uglier
phones I've seen though, and kind of a bulky form factor.

How well does it work as a phone? Reception, sound quality, outgoing sound
quality, dropped calls, etc., etc.?

How well do the smartphone functions work? Internet connectivity? How well
does it sync to a PC, Outlook 2003? Will it sync via Bluetooth, if the
computer has a Bluetooth adapter? Does it work with a Bluetooth keyboard?

Also--I wonder if it could connect to my Pocket PC (IPAQ 2210) via
Bluetooth, to connect to the Internet with the Pocket PC, using the Nokia
6600 as a modem?

Any comments on this phone would be appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about nokia 6600

    Simon Templar wrote:
    > MS wrote:
    >
    >> Who is using the Nokia 6600 with T-Mobile? Comments? Advantages?
    >> Disadvantages?
    >>
    >> I'm up for buying a new phone from T-Mobile, but have been waiting for a
    >> phone (preferably some type of smartphone) that I'd like more than the
    >> current offerings.
    >>
    >> Getting tired of waiting, perhaps would consider the 6600. It is a
    >> Symbian
    >> smartphone (I've never had one, not familiar with them). One of the
    >> uglier
    >> phones I've seen though, and kind of a bulky form factor.
    >>
    >> How well does it work as a phone? Reception, sound quality, outgoing
    >> sound
    >> quality, dropped calls, etc., etc.?
    >>
    >> How well do the smartphone functions work? Internet connectivity? How
    >> well
    >> does it sync to a PC, Outlook 2003? Will it sync via Bluetooth, if the
    >> computer has a Bluetooth adapter? Does it work with a Bluetooth keyboard?
    >>
    >> Also--I wonder if it could connect to my Pocket PC (IPAQ 2210) via
    >> Bluetooth, to connect to the Internet with the Pocket PC, using the Nokia
    >> 6600 as a modem?
    >>
    >> Any comments on this phone would be appreciated.
    >>

    > I have used a Nokia 6600 and must say it was very disappointed...

    The N6600 is quite an old phone now, must be getting on for what, two
    years old? I've still got mine and its an okay phone - great on release,
    but tired and old now. I'm with Vodafone in the UK, T-Mobile around my
    area is not very good, so I cannot comment on the provider.

    I use my 6600 for SMS/MMS, capturing those photographic moments that
    only happen once in a while! I also use email, sync to my PC and fill
    the 128mb card up with loads of rubbish with video files, wavs, mp3's,
    etc. I connect to the net occasionally. Call reception is excellent,
    no dropped calls ever, clarity is good and the hands-free speakerphone
    is useful for when I'm driving. Oh and I use it for work too. There
    are loads of apps for it. Some apps can push the the phone and slow it
    down a bit, but overall a good phone still now... but ... not a phone
    I'd buy at this time, despite the deals you may get on it.

    Its a bulky phone although it still fits in my jeans pocket nicely
    (gives me a feeling of added grandeur!). The main problem is keeping
    that large screen free of scratches no matter how careful you are.
    Incidently the 64k display is good, clean and bright. The form factor
    to have has gotta be clamshell. Its the only way to protect the screen
    unless you want a bulky case for your phone, which makes it even bigger.

    This is why I'm waiting for the Motorola MPX smartphone final reviews
    (not the MPX200). Its expected out onto the market very soon. My last
    5 phones have been Nokia's and now its time for a change. With 2005
    just on us phone maunfacturers will be keen to get their latest phones
    onto the market so my advice is to wait a little while and stay up to
    date with the phone review sites (mobileburn, Phoneyworld, etc)and check
    your retailers for releases.

    Carl
    --
    [ATF]NoX