Nex

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

hey,

i used to play ET all the time, but i've recently had about a month
off.. i didn't uninstall or change anything about the game or it's
files, but now punkbuster claims it can never update so i get kicked
within 2 mins of entering a game.

pbcl.dll is the file i'm having trouble with.. i tried updating
punkbuster from it's homepage, i tried renaming the file so it would
be forced to create a new one (it did work, but i guess that wasnt the
problem), i tried typing "/pbsecurity 0" or whatever it was some of
the other guys said when i was in the game for a few secs.

none of these worked :( i don't even get a punkbuster error in-game..
it just kicks me saying "error loading pbcl"

lil help pls?

Nex

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:53:50 +0800, Nex wrote:

> pbcl.dll is the file i'm having trouble with.. i tried updating
> punkbuster from it's homepage, i tried renaming the file so it would
> be forced to create a new one (it did work, but i guess that wasnt the
> problem), i tried typing "/pbsecurity 0" or whatever it was some of
> the other guys said when i was in the game for a few secs.

Did you get the "pbweb" utility from the PB homepage (and then run it)?

Linux Registered User #327951

Nex

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:51:43 -0500, Dan C
<youmustbejoking@invalid.org> wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:53:50 +0800, Nex wrote:
>
>> pbcl.dll is the file i'm having trouble with.. i tried updating
>> punkbuster from it's homepage, i tried renaming the file so it would
>> be forced to create a new one (it did work, but i guess that wasnt the
>> problem), i tried typing "/pbsecurity 0" or whatever it was some of
>> the other guys said when i was in the game for a few secs.
>
>Did you get the "pbweb" utility from the PB homepage (and then run it)?

yeah a few times, and downloaded the update files manually from the pb
website.

hours of google shows it to be a commonish problem but no definitive
fixes (that worked for me anyway)

Nex

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Hey Nex,

> Did you get the "pbweb" utility from the PB homepage (and then run it)?

yes, this is the first you have to do. Download it direct into your ../pb
folder and execute it.
Wait until this tool realy ends his work. (Could be 5 or more minutes)

After the tools finished, start your game but don't connect to any server
and do following steps:

BE SURE YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET WITH YOUR GAME SYSTEM !!!

-Pull down the console with ^ key and press 3 or 4 time BACKSPACE to clear
the line !!!
-Then type /pb_sv_ver
to check the PunkBuster Version and is the PunkBuster realy active.
-If the PunkBuster isn't active type /pb_sv_enable
-Now type /pb_sv_update twice and wait 5 minutes

After you have done this i promise you, you can play on all PunkBuster ET -
Server !!!

Bye NewBroker (one of the CompKal Admins)

Nex

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:51:36 +0200, "Jens Kalecinski"
<jk@tsf-herdecke.de> wrote:

<snip>
>-Pull down the console with ^ key and press 3 or 4 time BACKSPACE to clear
>the line !!!
>-Then type /pb_sv_ver
> to check the PunkBuster Version and is the PunkBuster realy active.
>-If the PunkBuster isn't active type /pb_sv_enable
>-Now type /pb_sv_update twice and wait 5 minutes
>
>After you have done this i promise you, you can play on all PunkBuster ET -
>Server !!!
>
>Bye NewBroker (one of the CompKal Admins)

you are a GOD my friend!

i did all the other updates a hundred times but this technique was a
winner :)

tanks again,

Nexxx

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Hey Nexxx

> you are a GOD my friend!
>
> i did all the other updates a hundred times but this technique was a
> winner :)
>
> tanks again,

no problem, may you let you frag at our public server ;-)

Bye NB