Msi geforce gt 430 4gb test results

GraphicsGuruJr

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Hello,
I already bought a msi N430GT and I wish to know if it will allow me to play all forthcoming games for two or more years(that is to say I won't have to buy another graphics card for two or so years!). Here is my specs:
Intel Core i3 2.93GHz 4 cores
4gb DDR3 Ram

The 430GT is extremely weak for games. If your monitor is low resolution (e.g. 1366x768) and you play on medium to low settings, it may work out.
To play on higher settings and/or higher resolution, something like a GTX560 or HD7770 is probably the least I'd consider.

larkspur

Distinguished
It will struggle. The 430 is an ok HTPC card released a couple years ago. It can game around 30fps on many games with the settings turned all the way down and it won't do well at all above a resolution of 720p. I'm really not sure why msi put 4gb on that card, it certainly won't make a difference in gaming. Here's a review of your card for reference: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gt-430-gf108-fermi,2766.html

GraphicsGuruJr

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
I don't know about that. I play some of the most popular RPGs. For example Prototype 2 & 1, Assasin's Creed all so far, Darksiders II and I and all of them I set the setting to highest and they work very smoothly. Only Skyrim with a graphical enhancer runs slow. Batman Arkham City slows only when some features are increased. Oh and 3d mark crashed when it went to the cinematic after the temple. My native resolution is 1360x768. And I have 6gb ddr3 ram not 4. My previous graphics card was an ATI HD5450 1GB DDR3 650MHZ and on that all my games I had to play in low. So would you consider that an upgrade. I still don't get it. Graphics memory is required I think. In my ati I could only use 80% of the 1gb ram and games ran slow. Now I have 4GB ram and everything runs smoothly. Here are the results for my PC on 3D Mark 11 Basic edition http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4670651