Sign in with
Your question

Monitor No Signal detected on new build

Last response: in Systems
December 2, 2012 5:42:19 PM

I have built my first pc and I set it all up. I switched it on and all the components worked, the fans were all spinning. However, when I switched on my monitor it said no signal. I have tried it multiple times, I have taken out my ram and switched their slots, used an adapter that game with my graphics card and looked online but nothing worked.

Here are my specs:
MSI FM2-A55M-E33 Motherboard
8GB Dragon RAM DDR3
MSI Radeon HD 7750 2GB
1.5TB Seagate hard drive
DVD Burner
Alpine 650W silent PSU
Grace Elect Ezcool Case (came with a 500W PSU that I took out)

Any help would be great.

Thanks
December 2, 2012 7:29:14 PM

I assume you have a cpu in there othewise that is your problem :p 

Have you tried moving the monitor cable to all the graphic card dvi slots as well as trying the motherboards?
December 3, 2012 2:41:11 PM

crewton said:
I assume you have a cpu in there othewise that is your problem :p 

Have you tried moving the monitor cable to all the graphic card dvi slots as well as trying the motherboards?

I forgot the CPU. It's a AMD Athlon X4 720 3.2Ghz. I moved the cable to both my motherboard dvi slot and my graphics card slot but nothing worked.
Related resources
December 3, 2012 8:57:37 PM

Hmm, the only other things are to make sure that the graphics card is fully inserted and that the power is also fully inserted.

Do you have another monitor or computer to check to see if it's your computer or your monitor?
December 5, 2012 4:18:53 PM

crewton said:
Hmm, the only other things are to make sure that the graphics card is fully inserted and that the power is also fully inserted.

Do you have another monitor or computer to check to see if it's your computer or your monitor?

My have take out and put back in my graphics card many times and my graphics card has no 6 pin psu slot like most. The fan on the card also spins when I start it up.

I have tried another monitor and it didn't work then and I also tested my new monitor on my laptop and it worked.
!