Sign in with
Your question

BF3 Everyrthing maxed

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 11, 2012 6:01:00 PM

Hi!

I am just wondering, that how much does it take to run Battlefield 3 everything maxed out? Because I have a pretty good computer, (atleast for me :p ), but it is still lagging, when I am in the middle of an explosion. (The detailed ones, you know)
My specs are:

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 OC:ed. (THX to EVGA precision X, I don't know the exact readings)

CPU: Intel core I7 2600K 3.4 GHz

RAM: 12 Gigs

It is NOT a big thing for me, because the game is just lagging in those explosions, but I am just curious, why is it so.

THX for answering! :) 

More about : bf3 everyrthing maxed

a c 185 U Graphics card
October 11, 2012 6:29:09 PM

Not sure could be a few reasons i have two 670s and max out everything only get 114.1 FPS
a b U Graphics card
October 11, 2012 6:34:00 PM

It could just be bad coding, and some explosions or cutaways can cause a frame rate dip. Honestly unless the whole game is choppy I wouldnt be too worried.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 11, 2012 6:36:48 PM

i think your problem is really high standards, what fps does it go to in these explosions
a c 185 U Graphics card
October 11, 2012 6:39:00 PM

computernoob29 said:
i think your problem is really high standards, what fps does it go to in these explosions
:lol:  good point
a c 185 U Graphics card
October 11, 2012 6:41:13 PM

yarmock said:
It could just be bad coding, and some explosions or cutaways can cause a frame rate dip. Honestly unless the whole game is choppy I wouldnt be too worried.
Agreed in different games you'll for sure notice dips it's normal
October 11, 2012 7:44:42 PM

Thx guys. And Yeah, I had REALLY high standards with this one. Just wanted to make sure that it is normal, and wanted to know why. OH! Forgot to mention, that I get some framerate drops in skyrim in some areas, but I am Preeetty sure that its because of mine "Custom" graphic settings. They are above the max, just for some testing. ^^
So yeah, I was not sure, if it was normal, but thanks to you guys, now I know the answer. THX very much everyone! :)  .

PS: computernoob29, the frames drop to like 30-40, and I know, those are REALLY HIGH! Atleast compared to my old computer. I really had quite big standards. :p 
a c 185 U Graphics card
October 11, 2012 7:55:48 PM

Well there nothing wrong with having REALLY high standards for as much as a 680 cost i completely understand but yeah it's normal and your welcome!
!