Using Intel HD Graphics 4000 to play Second Life

Bluureef

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
Hello,
I'm very confused with all the graphic cards & numbers & such lingo. I know that an NVIDIA & such cards would be better for optimal use on Second Life but does anyone have any input on the Intel HD Graphics 4000? Will Second Life work just as well with that graphic card as long as I have the following:
Processor: 1.8GHz Intel Dual-core i5
Memory: 8GB
Solid State Drive 256GB

Thank you for any helpful input!

i think you still able to play games with it. i havent play around with intel latest igp yet but in the past some games will not work at all with intel igp. of course there has been progressing since then but dont expect things will work smoothly all the time.

isisclarity

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
So far my experience with this particular graphic card is that (mind you i am a regular consumer i dont know much about this stuff) It can handle a lot of programs at once. So i can be on Skype with friends, watching youtube, playing SL and surfing the web no problem at all. I have'nt had an issue with Intel HD HOWEVER, if you are looking to make videos or photographs using light and shadows this may not be the Graphic Card for you. I have not been able to enable this feature which makes SL pop and is kind of the point of purchasing a new computer. I was super disappointed in general with my purchase of the Mac 10.8 with all the updated specs and i cant do shadows or voice.

isisclarity

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012
ps. as an update. I am also having a hard time connecting my mac 10.8 to my tv. Which is a problem i never had with the previous mac. Sound Issues, No SL shadows and No watching movies on my sony tv. 2 thumbs down.