Cheaters running their own rtcw servers

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

i selected a server which featured snipers only that some squad team
was running and you're default weapon was the mauser with scope.

the ' beach ' map was running and i got on the axis side.

i spawned into the game and walked outside to look for a target and
was promptly dispatched by a player on the allied side who was perched
on top of the hills to the right of the map as you're facing in from
the beach.

ok. so i respawned in the same place and poked out my head and was
promptly dispatched again. this went on a few more times and another
axis player was experiencing the same problem.

there was no way a player could sight in and fire that fast and that
accurately to continually kill opponents and be at a location where ya
just cant be unless the game server host was running cheats for
himself.

so i used harsh language at him and left... wow.

comes to find out that a cheat called aimbot was enabled for him and
not for us... a ' walk up any hill ' cheat was deployed by him as
well.

now, if i was to play by his rules i'd use a flooded to crash his
server since his address is public.

may all those who cowardly run cheat server die of cancer.
4 answers Last reply
More about cheaters running rtcw servers
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    > may all those who cowardly run cheat server die of cancer.

    Amen
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "harry" <none@nowhere.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > i selected a server which featured snipers only that some squad team
    > was running and you're default weapon was the mauser with scope.
    >
    > the ' beach ' map was running and i got on the axis side.
    >
    > i spawned into the game and walked outside to look for a target and
    > was promptly dispatched by a player on the allied side who was perched
    > on top of the hills to the right of the map as you're facing in from
    > the beach.
    >
    > ok. so i respawned in the same place and poked out my head and was
    > promptly dispatched again. this went on a few more times and another
    > axis player was experiencing the same problem.
    >
    > there was no way a player could sight in and fire that fast and that
    > accurately to continually kill opponents and be at a location where ya
    > just cant be unless the game server host was running cheats for
    > himself.
    >
    > so i used harsh language at him and left... wow.
    >
    > comes to find out that a cheat called aimbot was enabled for him and
    > not for us... a ' walk up any hill ' cheat was deployed by him as
    > well.
    >
    > now, if i was to play by his rules i'd use a flooded to crash his
    > server since his address is public.
    >
    > may all those who cowardly run cheat server die of cancer.

    I have heard of a setting you can do and if the server allows it , its
    actually not a cheat.
    I think it has to de with low sense and high FOV. I heard if you /et fov 140
    its easier to hit with the sniperrifle in RTCW without zooming then it is
    when you zoom. Maybe it´s a exploit of the game maybe it´s not, i haven´t
    tried it myself but i´ve heard that some ppl have do and they say it work.
    Most cups/leagues doesn´t allow to high fov....

    [OGC]Snostorm
    Visit our new forum at: www.oldgenerationclan.se ;)
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 17:56:53 +0200, "Snostorm"
    <nospam.snowstorm.nospam@linux.se> warbled tunelessly:

    >"harry" <none@nowhere.com> skrev i meddelandet
    >> i selected a server which featured snipers only that some squad team
    >> was running and you're default weapon was the mauser with scope.
    >>
    >> the ' beach ' map was running and i got on the axis side.
    >>
    >> i spawned into the game and walked outside to look for a target and
    >> was promptly dispatched by a player on the allied side who was perched
    >> on top of the hills to the right of the map as you're facing in from
    >> the beach.
    >>
    >> ok. so i respawned in the same place and poked out my head and was
    >> promptly dispatched again. this went on a few more times and another
    >> axis player was experiencing the same problem.
    >>
    >> there was no way a player could sight in and fire that fast and that
    >> accurately to continually kill opponents and be at a location where ya
    >> just cant be unless the game server host was running cheats for
    >> himself.
    >>
    >> so i used harsh language at him and left... wow.
    >>
    >> comes to find out that a cheat called aimbot was enabled for him and
    >> not for us... a ' walk up any hill ' cheat was deployed by him as
    >> well.
    >>
    >> now, if i was to play by his rules i'd use a flooded to crash his
    >> server since his address is public.
    >>
    >> may all those who cowardly run cheat server die of cancer.

    Your not talking about 'sniper hill' are you? That's is the hill
    rising out of the water on your right as you describe. Easily
    accessible by normal walking, no tricks/cheats/jumps involved. As
    for shooting u everytime you pop your head out well thats what snipers
    do. You watch the spawn area (or other bottleneck area) and wait, see
    a head and shoot.

    Common sense says you would change your spawn point and snipe him.

    Sorry but sounds like sour grapes to me.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    > Your not talking about 'sniper hill' are you? That's is the hill
    > rising out of the water on your right as you describe. Easily
    > accessible by normal walking, no tricks/cheats/jumps involved. As
    > for shooting u everytime you pop your head out well thats what snipers
    > do. You watch the spawn area (or other bottleneck area) and wait, see
    > a head and shoot.
    >
    > Common sense says you would change your spawn point and snipe him.
    >
    > Sorry but sounds like sour grapes to me.

    I was sniping in a game the other day and was watching an enemy sniper.
    He was very good, he would pick a target, and then by crouching and then
    standing guickly he was able to hit the target. His actions also made it
    very difficult to hit him. It was all very quick 2 or 3 seconds.

Games Servers Video Games