Best graphics card for my build.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: I will be buying a graphics card by the middle of next week (10-16-2012). My budget is between 150 and 200 dollars.

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: I will be playing games such as Borderlands 2, League of Legends, Team Fortress, and Skyrim. I will also be doing a bit of audio video work. I might be doing some photo editing but nothing too major.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: I have a Cooler-Master Extreme Plus 700 watt power supply. (I know it's not that great but its what I'm stuck with.) I don't currently have a GPU.

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: I'm running and AMD-FX8150, asus Sabertooth 990FX, 8 gigs of ripjaw ram, and a lg DVD burner. I'm also putting it in a Cougar Challenger Case. I bought a Cooler-Master Hyper N520 aftermarket CPU cooler as well.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: No preference, the cheapest place I can get it. I'm on a budget.

PARTS PREFERENCES: would like an AMD chipset, but not important enough to make me change my mind about a product.

OVERCLOCKING: Not planning too unless it's necessary

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: I do not plan to.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920X1080 or less.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: NOT a multiple display setup. I would like to have and HDMI hookup, but I haven't bought a monitor yet so it's not that big of a deal.
4 answers Last reply
More about best graphics card build
  1. Well, Newegg had a Radeon HD 7870 for $195, but it's out of stock now:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131466&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Other than that you'd probably want to go with a 7850. This one from Sapphire comes with a factory OC:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202004&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Edit: Both happen to come with a single HDMI port by the way, so there's a ticked box for sure. :)
  2. either a amd 7850 or a gtx 650ti. if you can i would definitely get a 7870 or gtx 660(non ti)
  3. Get a 7850, its much faster than a 650 ti for slightly more money.

If you want to use lots of texture mods in skyrim, you might want the 2gb version. Otherwise the 1 gb versions are just as powerful.
  4. 7850 MSI PE
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product