Robvious1

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
While playing Rage yesterday I noticed a lot of chop/lag in my performance. This was happening dispite how much I lowered the settings. I had noiticed some chop on many of the other games I've been playing but I had simply assumed it was due to my cards being too slow. It seems instead however to be an issue with crossfire and I'm not sure why. Whenever I turn off crossfire I get markedly smoother performance.
I ran gpu-z and see the cards are being used and both at approximately 50% draw with xfire enabled. So I dunno what's up.

-I'm running a motherboard that is crossfire compliant.
-running the 3.4ghz 6 core Thuban
-16 gigs of ram
-runnin an Asus 6850 and an xfx 6850 that are crossfired
-simple 2 monitor setup but they have different dimensions. Not sure if its relevant but figured I'd note it.

Robvious1

Honorable
Oct 11, 2012
It's not the only one. Had an issue with tribes ascend as well as a few Others was just double checking to make sure im not doing something simple wrong such as a wrong port or overdrawing my power.
And I saw the poor support for rage quite a while back but from what I understood it was relatively rectified in CCC 11.8 or so. And I noticed an improvement on tribes ascend support in the latest patch. So well see.