Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Replacement Card for New Build (Primary Out of Stock)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 11, 2012 10:36:23 PM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Sometime within the month, keep the price around $300 w/o rebate.

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Heavy gaming for games like BF3, Planetside 2, etc.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: No current GPU for my build I have selected, Power: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: CPU will be a FX-4350 once it comes out

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg.com

PARTS PREFERENCES: No preference really, an XFX 7950 was my primary before it went out of stock.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe, once it slows down in a few years.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Depends on what you guys think.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

Really just need another option in case the card I have selected now dosent come back into stock when I get enough money piled together (~$900) to buy my build.

Suggestions? ;) 
October 11, 2012 10:38:00 PM

Also, no mobo atm, because I haven't picked one for the FX-4350 yet. If you guys want to suggest me one too, then that would be great :D  Around $60 if you are going to suggest me a mobo.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
October 11, 2012 11:14:01 PM

That build doesn't seem like the best use of your money.... you could get a better psu for less, also I still think intel is going to be the gamer's choice for CPU abd you'll probably want to spend more than $60 on a mobo....

$900 is a reasonable amount, Im not from the US but someone here should be able to draw you up a more balanced build....Have you any recyclable parts from previous builds, hard drives etc?

The 7950 is a good choice, I presume it was the double d you were going for? It should be available elsewhere if not on newegg... if not there are other decent options like MSI or gigabye etc so wouldnt worry too much..
Related resources
October 12, 2012 12:03:40 AM

paddys09 said:
That build doesn't seem like the best use of your money.... you could get a better psu for less, also I still think intel is going to be the gamer's choice for CPU abd you'll probably want to spend more than $60 on a mobo....

$900 is a reasonable amount, Im not from the US but someone here should be able to draw you up a more balanced build....Have you any recyclable parts from previous builds, hard drives etc?

The 7950 is a good choice, I presume it was the double d you were going for? It should be available elsewhere if not on newegg... if not there are other decent options like MSI or gigabye etc so wouldnt worry too much..

I actually got the build from someone on here XD Well let me ask for a better build, but I think I will stick with AMD. Intel's are too expensive and I will have to compromise other things for that price.
m
l
October 19, 2012 12:05:50 AM

Best answer selected by Poltregeist.
m
l
!