Sign in with
Your question

This question is weird but bear with me, for my mind's sake.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 12, 2012 12:08:33 AM

Quite possibly the weirdest question, but its a legitimate concern of mine. so I was inspecting my CPU fan to see if there was something stuck inbetween coppersink and the fan, so I stuck my head in the case to take a look,and accidentally touched lips with my GTX 570. Only problem was, my lips were covered in oil, and the oil part my lip touched the corner top of my card, where the board is. If u must ask I ate fried chicken. Im not sure whether to be worried or not, i dont even know how to clean the thing off, without short circuiting or harming my gpu. is it a concern, and no i can't see an oil spot. what to do?!?!!
a c 144 U Graphics card
October 12, 2012 12:46:23 AM

i dont think there will be problem with you gpu
m
l
October 12, 2012 12:51:12 AM

you sure man? Also, since were on the topic and i should refrain from starting new threads, I accidentally scraped the top corner of my mobo. everything is working too, but is this a concern as well?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2012 12:54:10 AM

Oil isn't conductive to electricity. But if you do want to clean off the parts I'd use a paper towel. Not any sort of cloth though as they could discharge static electricity.
m
l
October 12, 2012 1:32:55 AM

andrewcarr said:
Oil isn't conductive to electricity. But if you do want to clean off the parts I'd use a paper towel. Not any sort of cloth though as they could discharge static electricity.

for sure, but what about the scratch on the corner top of my motherboard
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2012 1:34:38 AM

Not a concern as long as it's working. It seems it didn't damage any connections (the strips of metal you can see on the board) so you're fine there too.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2012 3:40:00 AM

On the bright side, now every time you play your favorite game, you'll get a weird craving for fried chicken.
m
l
!