Sign in with
Your question

FirstBuild: Suggestions/Help/Opinions

Last response: in Systems
December 2, 2012 11:20:46 PM

OK its late and I'm too tired to give all information at the moment. I'm here in Ireland and I'm planning this build for Christmas. I have a total of 1200 for the build and maybe, maybe I'll spend the remaining 300 on peripherals: maybe a nice monitor for gaming and mouse keyboard. I am fixed on Intel and Nvidia. I am ordering off this site http://lb.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp so price items there.Mainly for games, browsing , and graphics and video editing.ill fill the rest in tomorrow . As of now I play no games on PC but plan on making the change from xbox. Is a 3770k and gtx 660 kind of uneven?I dont know. Any help appreciated. :sleep: 
December 2, 2012 11:29:09 PM

How heavy are you into graphics and editing? If it's casual I'd drop the 3770 for 3570 and spend the difference on the GPU.
December 3, 2012 3:25:55 PM

That sounds smarter but would there be much of an improvement because I like being able to upgrade by replacing the graphics card rather than both. But is that not worth it?

Also what do you think is the best case for this build. At the moment I'm going to go for the HAF XM . Its a great case but I'm not all that fond of the looks. I would like something that looks clean and minimalistic in design but I will opt for functionality every time if it comes to it.
December 3, 2012 5:17:04 PM

Just for my preferences that GPU is underpowered out the gate but you'll have to google some benchmarks with it and decide for yourself. My thing is why have a nice monitor if you can't run games at native resolution on ultra (at least for the first year or two)?

I don't foresee replacing my CPU before replacing the entire rig in 4-5 years.

Take a look at the Fractal Define R2 (or R4) - understated, quiet, pretty good cooling. Nothing wrong with a Carbide 500R either :)  I have the white/black but think they make all black as well.
!