Sign in with
Your question

Tri Monitor max resolution question

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 12, 2012 3:11:40 AM

I am running 2 GTX 560ti cards with 3 identical 20" monitors with a max resolution of 1600x900 for each. When I use spanning through the Nvidia control panel it gives a max spanning resoultion of 4000x720. I generally run it around 3200x768 with bezel correction. Why are the resolutions offered in spanning so much smaller? Why does it not go all the way up to 4800x900. Is there a better 3rd party solution to Nvidias contro panel? Or am I missing something in my settlings when getting it all set up?
October 12, 2012 4:36:56 PM

Not sure why there would be a limitation on the 3 screen spanning although I suspect it has to do with the quality of your monitors. As far as a 3rd party solution, matrox triple head 2 go is popular although you shouldn't need that with your current configuration. It's more designed for a single card user who wants to span across 3 monitors plus if you wanted to do 3D you couldn't do that with matrox. Personally, I have 3 25" 1080p and when I switch from my maximum single monitor resolution I can still obtain the same height, resolution wise.
m
l
!