Enemy territory

Last response: in Video Games
July 6, 2004 4:02:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

I'm a newbie ET user and want to try it on a newbie friendly public server.

Can you suggest one? or two? or ...

Thx
Cothbw

More about : enemy territory

Anonymous
July 6, 2004 4:02:02 AM

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 00:02:01 +0200, cothbw wrote:

> I'm a newbie ET user and want to try it on a newbie friendly public server.
> Can you suggest one? or two? or ...

It doesn't matter which one you try. None of them will be very
n00b-friendly... ;)

Linux Registered User #327951
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 7:37:16 AM

cothbw <nomail@nomail.com> wrote:

>I'm a newbie ET user and want to try it on a newbie friendly public server.

The friendliest server is the one you run on your own machine! Get
familiar with the maps and controls on a local server (select "host
game" in the menu and make sure you don't have "dedicated server"
ticked) before you go on-line. You should have an idea where the
objectives are and what job your class (medic, engineer...) has
(healing people, dynamiting objectives...) and how to do it. A couple
of hours spent doing that should stop people getting mad at you.

As for servers, I play on the Senf servers in the UK quite a lot -
they're called Mustard for XXX (there are two or three) and they are
pretty friendly, have good admins and it filters the rude words out of
the chat, so you don't see what names people call you :)  You should
get OK pings from nl.

Tim
--
My last .sig was rubbish too.
July 6, 2004 11:34:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

> It doesn't matter which one you try. None of them will be very
> n00b-friendly... ;)

Not n00b-friendly? That pisses me off! I'll go online and shoot them all!
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 11:41:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

> The friendliest server is the one you run on your own machine! Get
> familiar with the maps and controls on a local server (select "host
> game" in the menu and make sure you don't have "dedicated server"
> ticked) before you go on-line. You should have an idea where the
> objectives are and what job your class (medic, engineer...) has
> (healing people, dynamiting objectives...) and how to do it. A couple
> of hours spent doing that should stop people getting mad at you.
>
> As for servers, I play on the Senf servers in the UK quite a lot -
> they're called Mustard for XXX (there are two or three) and they are
> pretty friendly, have good admins and it filters the rude words out of
> the chat, so you don't see what names people call you :)  You should
> get OK pings from nl.

Ok thx, will try this before entering the "Mustard arena". I've played it
on a dutch server a couple of days ago and shot the first moving person i
saw..

The opponents thought that was funny :-)
July 7, 2004 5:19:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

>Ok thx, will try this before entering the "Mustard arena". I've played it
>on a dutch server a couple of days ago and shot the first moving person i
>saw..
>
>The opponents thought that was funny :-)

When you killed your Medic ? Yes we had a lot of fun!
July 7, 2004 11:21:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

that's the spirit!!!!!

chaser[NL]

"cothbw" <nomail@nomail.com> schreef in bericht
news:p an.2004.07.06.05.34.31.737558@nomail.com...