Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 3.5" 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive

POWER SUPPLY:
Corsair GS700 V2 700W Power Supply

INTERNAL DVD R/W:
Corsair GS700 V2 700W Power Supply

CASE:
Cooler Master Storm Enforcer SGC-1000-KWN1 Case

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 OEM 64-Bit

Those are the specs, can you tell me if my rig will work?

This is my first time building a gaming PC, feel free to comment on my selection of parts and please recommend a better alternative if you see one (or if my system is not compatible) .

Im sort of paranoid with the cooling, do I need more fans? because I heard that IB CPU's especially when over-clocked can overheat more easily.

Also do comment if it overall a good selection for gaming (will it run graphic intensive games like skyrim,BF3, COD etc smoothy)

Thank you in advance!

More about : compatibility check

a b B Homebuilt system
a c 159 à CPUs
December 4, 2012 11:34:15 AM

Download the gigabyte manual before you even order the board and read it; the sections on installing the cpu and ram. If you don't understand it, select another board by asus and try it. You need to understand the basics for your first build. Breadboard the board on a non conductive surface before mounting it in the case; leave the power supply out of the case so the cables can reach the board easier. Install the optical drives and hardrive first, then check and remove any extra standoffs and mount the board with cpu/heatsink/ram still installed after testing it, and install the power supply last. You may also view some youtube videos about building a pc such as this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TY6jy9isAk. You may need to view more than one video, so check others out as well. Your parts will work together fine. If you have no problems installing the hyper 612 heatsink, you can save the Intel heatsink and sell it with the cpu someday when you upgrade. Good luck.
!