MSI GTX 670 PE dangerous?

locomoco321

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012
I have one, and have had no issues with it. The problem occurs when swapping the card from build to build, which some find inconvenient. Personally, I have no need to do this, and it does what I want it to do exceptionally. The 3 year warranty is what keeps me from reconsidering at all, as if the card breaks under normal usage, then that's for them to fix.

They probably won't release a new model next month as it has to do with the voltage regulation chips being over-volted beyond specification, in turn, allowing for the stated triple over voltage. MSI pulled a fast one here, but I personally think they know this card will work fine, or they wouldn't have put a 3 year warranty on it.

Bump321

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Yeah well i am also willing to trust it due to the 3year warranty... However if anyone has any other input that would be great!

Thanks loco

luciferano

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
They are said to have a high failure rate compared to other 670s, but how much of that is having crap PSUs, user error, and BS, IDK. I'm inclined to trust them, but this is what I've read.