lazybomb402

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Hey guys, I am new to tom's hardware so please excuse me if i do post this thread in the wrong section. But i recently build a new computer. I didnt assemble it into my corsair 650D on the first few day so I had it running on a test bench. Everything worked great. Then i wanted to put everything in my case and everything fit (thank god). I connected all my connectors and the standby light on the MOBO turned green, I pressed the power button on the mother board it self and it didn't turn on. Then I took everything out and put it back on the test bench and it worked again. Is there something shorting my motherboard out? Thank you!

Specs:
MSI Mpower z77 motherboard
MSI gtx 660TI lighting edition
Intel 3570K
Cosair h100i
g.skill ram 16 gb
samsung 830 128 GB (boot)
seagate 2 T (storage)
Corsair 650D
OCZ 700 Watt 80Plus bronze.

BreadWhistle

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012
Are the motherboard standoffs in the right place? If there is one behind the motherboard where it shouldn't be, that likely what is shorting your motherboard. I'd check and see if there are any.

Or, your PSU isn't sufficient enough to power your build. What is your PSU and what is its wattage?

lazybomb402

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

I do not think there is any more left over for stand offs because the 650D comes with a ATX standoff position, I will double check though. Also my PSU is sufficient enough, its an OCZ 700Watt at 80Plus bronze. It does work because after taking the computer out of the case, it is running on a test bench right now.