Microsoft DV camera and VCR driver

August 11, 2004 2:29:01 PM

I have read the question posed by "Stewart", which is the same problem I am
having. I am using the Studio 8 imaging program with a analog movie camera.
It will not initialize, giving me three steps to to thru, which I have done
on numerous occassions, with no success. The "help" section of that program
gives me two places to look for drivers that should be installed in the
system/hardware/device settings section of Windows. The IE1304 Bus control
drive shows under the proper heading, but the other, "Microsoft DV camera and
VCR" does not show under the "imaging devices" heading. I have reloaded
Windows, downloaded all pertinent upgrades, been through the steps they call
for, everything, numerous times, but the "microsoft DV camera and VCR" still
does not show under the heading of "imaging devices". Below are the two steps
they asked for.

1, The driver for the card is an OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
driver listed under the heading “IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers�. ( displays
correctly)

2. The driver for the camcorder, if loaded properly, is called “Microsoft
DV camera and VCR�. It is listed under the heading Imaging Devices. **(not
shown)
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 11, 2004 6:52:10 PM

I'm having a similar problem. I sent my computer in for a
new video card and they reinstalled my OS. Prior to that,
I was able to control my DV camera from the computer to
capture and record to tape from the computer. When I got
it back, none of my software could see my camera EXCEPT
for Microsoft MovieMaker. Fortunately, one of the
capturing software programs I use has a very nice, helpful
designer... he thinks the problem is with the DirectX
driver for DV cameras. I don't quite understand what he's
saying!... but if we get it worked out, I'll let you know.

Good luck.

controllers�. ( displays
>correctly)
>
>2. The driver for the camcorder, if loaded properly, is
called â?oMicrosoft
>DV camera and VCR�. It is listed under the heading
Imaging Devices. **(not
>shown)
>

>.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
August 11, 2004 10:54:34 PM

You state it's an analog camcorder....therefore youcannot use firewire which
is for digital camcorders.

You'll need to connect the analog camcorder to an analog capture card or
VIVO compatible graphics card.
www.coribright.com

"Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have read the question posed by "Stewart", which is the same problem I am
> having. I am using the Studio 8 imaging program with a analog movie
> camera.
> It will not initialize, giving me three steps to to thru, which I have
> done
> on numerous occassions, with no success. The "help" section of that
> program
> gives me two places to look for drivers that should be installed in the
> system/hardware/device settings section of Windows. The IE1304 Bus control
> drive shows under the proper heading, but the other, "Microsoft DV camera
> and
> VCR" does not show under the "imaging devices" heading. I have reloaded
> Windows, downloaded all pertinent upgrades, been through the steps they
> call
> for, everything, numerous times, but the "microsoft DV camera and VCR"
> still
> does not show under the heading of "imaging devices". Below are the two
> steps
> they asked for.
>
> 1, The driver for the card is an OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host
> Controller
> driver listed under the heading "IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers". (
> displays
> correctly)
>
> 2. The driver for the camcorder, if loaded properly, is called
> "Microsoft
> DV camera and VCR". It is listed under the heading Imaging Devices. **(not
> shown)

Related resources
August 11, 2004 11:43:01 PM

Maybe I wasn't specific. I am using a capture card and Blue Box with the
Studio AV/DV program. One thing, in the program, I can select the internet
camera from the drop down list for the capture device, and it works fine It
is just the camcorder that is not recognized. I still do not have the driver
"Microsoft DV camera and VCR" listed under the "imaging devices" in the
system properties heading.

"Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:

> You state it's an analog camcorder....therefore youcannot use firewire which
> is for digital camcorders.
>
> You'll need to connect the analog camcorder to an analog capture card or
> VIVO compatible graphics card.
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have read the question posed by "Stewart", which is the same problem I am
> > having. I am using the Studio 8 imaging program with a analog movie
> > camera.
> > It will not initialize, giving me three steps to to thru, which I have
> > done
> > on numerous occassions, with no success. The "help" section of that
> > program
> > gives me two places to look for drivers that should be installed in the
> > system/hardware/device settings section of Windows. The IE1304 Bus control
> > drive shows under the proper heading, but the other, "Microsoft DV camera
> > and
> > VCR" does not show under the "imaging devices" heading. I have reloaded
> > Windows, downloaded all pertinent upgrades, been through the steps they
> > call
> > for, everything, numerous times, but the "microsoft DV camera and VCR"
> > still
> > does not show under the heading of "imaging devices". Below are the two
> > steps
> > they asked for.
> >
> > 1, The driver for the card is an OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host
> > Controller
> > driver listed under the heading "IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers". (
> > displays
> > correctly)
> >
> > 2. The driver for the camcorder, if loaded properly, is called
> > "Microsoft
> > DV camera and VCR". It is listed under the heading Imaging Devices. **(not
> > shown)

August 11, 2004 11:47:02 PM

Thanks for the information. I am using a capture card and have left several
messages for callbacks with the company that produced the program. Let me
know what you learn and I'll do the same.

"Jmbc" wrote:

> I'm having a similar problem. I sent my computer in for a
> new video card and they reinstalled my OS. Prior to that,
> I was able to control my DV camera from the computer to
> capture and record to tape from the computer. When I got
> it back, none of my software could see my camera EXCEPT
> for Microsoft MovieMaker. Fortunately, one of the
> capturing software programs I use has a very nice, helpful
> designer... he thinks the problem is with the DirectX
> driver for DV cameras. I don't quite understand what he's
> saying!... but if we get it worked out, I'll let you know.
>
> Good luck.

August 13, 2004 10:53:02 AM

Maybe I wasn't specific. I am using a video capture card supported by the
Studio AV/DV program. The driver for the "microsoft DV camera and VCR" is not
showing in the hardware/device drivers/imaging devices heading.The card is
recognized under the IEEE 1394 heading. I have reinstalled Windows XP, but
still no driver.

!