Closed Solved

Cooling a graphics card

I have a Sapphire HD 7770 card in my rig, it runs around 65C or so when im playing Guild Wars 2

Is this high temperature?

Is a PCI fan a good option for cool a GPU, or just more case fans? Im not sure what my Case can support as far as extra Fans. I have 1 small square fan on the front and back of the case. Doesnt seem to be working well enough, my CPU runs hot too!

Helpppp! ;)
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cooling graphics card
  1. Best answer
    You can turn up the fan speed manually in CCC for your HD7770, on hot days I run mine at 70% and it stays below 58c while I play Crysis2. As far as the case goes I need to know make and model of the case, and the fans that are installed. Should be able to find a solution for your hot cpu.
  2. 65C is fine for a graphics card. What temp is your CPU at?
  3. Im gonna get the Hyper 212 Evo, as i was suggested in another post i made in the cpu section. I played with the fan speed, seems to work a little bit better. I just wasnt sure if 65*C was bad or not. Thanks!
  4. Best answer selected by trevatheruiner1.
  5. knightdog56 said:
    You can turn up the fan speed manually in CCC for your HD7770, on hot days I run mine at 70% and it stays below 58c while I play Crysis2. As far as the case goes I need to know make and model of the case, and the fans that are installed. Should be able to find a solution for your hot cpu.

Just a quick thought, i have a gpu monitor gadget for win7, it shows my memory usage from my gphx card as 0%. same for you??
  6. Yes.
  7. This topic has been closed by MouseMonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Cases Graphics Cards Graphics