Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Good GPU for an i5-3570k?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 12, 2012 3:21:45 PM

I have a decent build set up, but had to drop an XFX HD 7950 because my budget dropped. Any good card for the build listed on this other thread?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tom...

Need a card around $200. Please help?

More about : good gpu 3570k

a c 147 U Graphics card
October 12, 2012 3:34:04 PM

you can look into 7800 series range
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2012 3:44:39 PM

There are 7870s for a little over $230 last time I looked. Might be a little cheaper now. I have one and like it.
m
0
l
Related resources
October 12, 2012 3:52:53 PM

I would save a month or two and get that 7950 instead of settling for something less. That's just me though.
m
0
l
October 12, 2012 5:07:11 PM

Bolivious said:
I would save a month or two and get that 7950 instead of settling for something less. That's just me though.


Thing is t I really have a set budget of $900. I am getting $350 for an old 360, and $300-$350 for my old PC. I hae $250 in cash already, do that amounts to $900. The extra $50 will be for shipping and such.
m
0
l
October 12, 2012 5:08:14 PM

wanderer11 said:
There are 7870s for a little over $230 last time I looked. Might be a little cheaper now. I have one and like it.


I will keep that in mind, and if this thread dies then I will go with that.
m
0
l
October 12, 2012 5:09:57 PM

Watch for a newegg special and they will drop 7870s to under $200 after rebates sometimes. If not, a 7850 will perform really well at 1080p right now. Maybe not maxed out everything, but should give great performance for most things.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2012 5:21:13 PM

HiS IceQ 7850 2gb 256bit $200 shipped $190 after MIR

PowerColor 7870 2gb 256bit $215 shipped $195 after MIR

Now their are no 7870's under $225, prices change quick
m
0
l
Anonymous
October 12, 2012 5:45:26 PM

The motherboard originally selected, while nice, is hard to justify on your budget. I mean you're basically cutting GPU back to get a better mobo. Personally, I'd go the other way and get a less expensive mobo.



I don't know what current prices are nor am I really willing to parse it all at the moment, but a quick scan through combo deals on your processor page revealed this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...


seems like a really solid buy that would put about $60 back into your budget. It's very likely if you just search motherboards you will find something cheaper that's not on the combo page. However, like I said, I'm not up for that today.

check it out.
also check the pages for your other hardware and see if any of them come discounted in combo.
Then use the extra money to get a better gpu.
m
0
l
October 12, 2012 6:54:51 PM

Anonymous said:
The motherboard originally selected, while nice, is hard to justify on your budget. I mean you're basically cutting GPU back to get a better mobo. Personally, I'd go the other way and get a less expensive mobo.



I don't know what current prices are nor am I really willing to parse it all at the moment, but a quick scan through combo deals on your processor page revealed this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...


seems like a really solid buy that would put about $60 back into your budget. It's very likely if you just search motherboards you will find something cheaper that's not on the combo page. However, like I said, I'm not up for that today.

check it out.
also check the pages for your other hardware and see if any of them come discounted in combo.
Then use the extra money to get a better gpu.


From what I have heard, all things MSI = DEATH.
m
0
l
October 12, 2012 7:05:03 PM

I have an MSI Z77A-GD65 Motherboard and MSI GTX 670 OC and have had no problems with either.

Every person has product preferences. For instance, I will think twice before buying an Asus video card because I had a bad experience with on.e
m
0
l
October 12, 2012 7:32:58 PM

Bolivious said:
I have an MSI Z77A-GD65 Motherboard and MSI GTX 670 OC and have had no problems with either.

Every person has product preferences. For instance, I will think twice before buying an Asus video card because I had a bad experience with on.e


I will give it a try, but will I be able to get a new board for the same price, or compensate for a slightly higher priced one from ASRock or another manufacturer if this thing craps out or just doesn't work from the get-go?
m
0
l
!