LCD Backlight Bleeding, Mura Effect, Clouding?

teapole

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
Trying to figure out what's wrong with my LCD/LED Tv, I used this as a monitor for two or three years, worked great. One day I was playing a game, and all the sudden in the corner of my screen I lost "brightness". This manifested in the bottom right corner of the screen, I spent many days and nights taking the TV apart and trying to fix the problem, searching it online etc... I couldn't really describe the problem either, it's sort of a dark cloud that's extremely annoying.

Recently, after a couple months and buying a new monitor, I have gone back to try and diagnose the problem. I came across an article on the "Mura effect" which seems to fit the problem I've been having.

Today, I completely removed the screen in the TV set, (pretty much the same kind of display in a laptop) I took that out, unplugged the connections, and laid it down. I firmly rubbed the screen of the TV with a clean cloth, (while it was off) for about 3-5 mins. I re-powered the screen to test it. Now the same shadow, cloud, is on the LEFT side. I really don't know how to fix this, nor have I seen anyone with my specific problem.

It's a 32" RCA tv, something you buy from Walmart. It's not the old RCA, it's a new revival of the series. This is a HDMI, 1080p Tv, flat not tube.

Please, please, any help would be appreciated. I will post a link to a picture I took in black and white so you can actually see where the screen is "bleeding color". The real color is blue.

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o732/Teapole/2012-10-12_11-10-58_909_zps150d982e.jpg

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o732/Teapole/2012-10-12_11-10-53_503_zps9ca18ab2.jpg

Thanks,

Teapole

teapole

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
So I did some more messing around today, I figured out why the black spot switched sides.

There is a little tape connection in the bottom right corner of the screen, I don't know what it is or what it does, but when I plug it in upside down, the black spot switches to the other side, which makes me think that the little tape wire is faulty, any thoughts?

Thanks again,