Sign in with
Your question

Overheating 7970 on idle

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 12, 2012 3:29:26 PM

i bought new 7970ge gigabyte gpu for tree weeks it was working fine till i had some kind of worm virus that my me format all my h/drives so after installing all program no games on my computer and still the gpu sudnly reaches 80c and i dont know what to do
i tryed reinstalling clean amd driver 12.8 still same thing i see by the gpuz software that gpu reaches 97% load without anything working in the background

i need your help guys a solution or even software that i can see by it what is making my gpu overheat

thanks

P.s
I found out my gpu overload when main.exe file appears in task manger(win 7 os) tryed to delete but still reappear

More about : overheating 7970 idle

October 12, 2012 3:35:16 PM

so this problem happen after fresh install of windows?
m
l
October 12, 2012 6:24:23 PM

yep all harddrive have been deleted and formated
m
l
Related resources
October 13, 2012 9:43:35 AM

have you checked if your fan? does it still spinning?
m
l
October 15, 2012 10:58:45 AM

renz496 said:
have you checked if your fan? does it still spinning?

sorry for the late respose i had problems as i said now my pc is fine all i can tell that after i copy fresh win 7 on fromated h.drive i install nod32 5 and offce i noticed when my gpu is working hard ther is a file...main.exe when i close it my gpu is back to normal

i format my pc again and copy only office for now every thing is going well i hope after instaling the anti virus still it will be ok so for now my problem is solved

by the way all fans warking perfectly without them i probly miss the problem and burn my new gpu (;
m
l
October 15, 2012 11:22:41 AM

ea1980 said:
sorry for the late respose i had problems as i said now my pc is fine all i can tell that after i copy fresh win 7 on fromated h.drive i install nod32 5 and offce i noticed when my gpu is working hard ther is a file...main.exe when i close it my gpu is back to normal

i format my pc again and copy only office for now every thing is going well i hope after instaling the anti virus still it will be ok so for now my problem is solved

by the way all fans warking perfectly without them i probly miss the problem and burn my new gpu (;

I had the same problem with one of my XFX 7970's. Fans were working fine, internal case temp was fine, but the card would just get hotter and hotter when idle until it switched my PC off. I had to remove the card before i melted it. I think it's a heatsink issue :whistle: 
m
l
!