can't remove printer driver on networked maching

hi:

i'm on a home network, using xerox printer hooked to
another machine. i suspect my driver has become
corrupted, and am trying to remove it in order to
reinstall. i go through the steps -- have successfully
deleted printer reference from "printers and faxes"
dialogue box -- but am prevented from deleting file from
File|Server Properties|Drivers. When "Remove" is chosen,
i get the message "unable to remove... the specified
printer driver is currently in use.
i suspect problem has something to do with the spooler,
but am uncertain, and can't figure where to go.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

bob

To stop the Print Spooler, type: