16GB 4x4G CML16GX3M4A1600C9 LP
1280MB EVGA GTX570 SC HD PCI-E
Corsair 650W CMPSU-650TXV2 PSU
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX
PIONEER DVR-S19LBK x24 DVDRW
ASUS XONAR DG SOUND CARD *OEM*
ASUS P8Z68-V Z68
With a mid tower case.

I have used the rig for just under a year and have played many games like BF3 and assassins creed, GTA4 without a hitch. Until recently after I installed Far Cry 3. The rig rebooted past post and loaded just a black screen. Updated drivers to beta and problem solved as I could access safe mode without a hitch.

The issue:
Far Cry 3 runs on optimal settings for around an hour or less and then loss of power occurs, the rig will not turn back on when pressing the power on button, no BSOD or error messages are presented either,event viewer shows Error 41. After this happening a few times I left the system just on the Far Cry 3 menu and it happened again so after this i continued to leave the rig alone and after five minutes or so the system rebooted itself.

I do remember that this has happened before on extremely heavy severs on BF3 but didn't bother looking into it any further as it ran fine on everything else.

I have monitored temps and nothing out of the ordinary occurs with Far Cry 3.

What I have done to narrow things down:

I have opened the rig and cleaned all dust

Reseated the graphics card

Turned all power settings to stay on all the time including drives.

Checked my power drainage for the PSU and I still have 100w to play with, however I do understand that this is just a guide.

I have moved the Pc as I was concerned about heat issues and also ordered 2 other to fans to aid exhaust heat.

Any advice is great.

!