Nokia PC Suite vs Manhattan USB Adapter software

Last response: in Brands
January 8, 2005 6:34:08 PM

Hello

I'm a newbie to bluetooth. I recently got a Nokia 7200 with the Nokia
Wireless Audio Adapter (AD-5B) and that works fine with the
Sony-Ericsson Bluetooth head set they sold me (Thank God I got a
discount for that).

I just bought a "Manhattan USB Bluetooth Adapter" to plug into my PC
with Windows XP Pro. It came with it's own software. Would this be
better than using the Nokia PC Suite?

After having a previous Nokia that had to go in for repairs I value the
need for backing up my phone book entries. Until now I've just been
storing them in the sim card memory because of my experience with that
previous Nokia going in for repair.

Thanks

Peter Mount
info@petermount.au.com
Anonymous
January 10, 2005 10:29:51 PM

Nokia 7200 doesn't support data transfer over bluetooth. You can transfer
Nokia 7200 data by cable or InfraRed connection only. We can recommend to
have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). It is the
best software for data transfer between Nokia phone and PC.

You can download the latest free trial here:
http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Software - tools for your mobile phone.
Oxygen Phone Manager II - all you want from your mobile phone.
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, Peter Mount!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Sat, 08 Jan 2005 15:34:08
+1100 from address info@petermount.au.com:

>Hello

>I'm a newbie to bluetooth. I recently got a Nokia 7200 with the Nokia
>Wireless Audio Adapter (AD-5B) and that works fine with the
>Sony-Ericsson Bluetooth head set they sold me (Thank God I got a
>discount for that).

>I just bought a "Manhattan USB Bluetooth Adapter" to plug into my PC
>with Windows XP Pro. It came with it's own software. Would this be
>better than using the Nokia PC Suite?

>After having a previous Nokia that had to go in for repairs I value the
>need for backing up my phone book entries. Until now I've just been
>storing them in the sim card memory because of my experience with that
>previous Nokia going in for repair.

>Thanks

>Peter Mount
>info@petermount.au.com
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 10:30:10 PM

Hello

I purchased the "Nokia Wireless Audio Adapter (AD-5B)" and this lets my
Nokia 7200 communicate to my Sony Ericsson Bluetooth head set. So I
thought there wouldn't be a problem with data transfer with bluetooth
using that with the Nokia 7200.

In any case I returned the Manhattan adapter (because of problems with
Windows XP Pro SP2) and I'll soon be buying the Nokia data cable.

Have fun

Peter Mount
info@petermount.au.com

!