Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Windows7 and HP DJ Printer 6540

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Windows 7
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Printers
Last response: in Windows 7
Share
February 25, 2012 4:34:12 PM

Hello,

Data from the computer to the printer is not transferring correctly causing the printer to malfunction (blanks, partial documents, etc.) Tried to update, but says it's updated and working properly. What is the program's name to uninstall?

More about : windows7 printer 6540

February 25, 2012 4:50:22 PM

If you want to uninstall the driver, go to Control Panel->Uninstall a Program then browse for the HP software that's on your computer.

It's usually advisable to just use Windows to automatically find and install the drivers for your printer. This can be done by going to Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Add a Printer. This will bring up a very easy to use wizard which will guide you through the process of installing the printer automatically.

Hope this is helpful!
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
a b α HP
February 25, 2012 4:54:22 PM

PudgyChicken said:
If you want to uninstall the driver, go to Control Panel->Uninstall a Program then browse for the HP software that's on your computer.

It's usually advisable to just use Windows to automatically find and install the drivers for your printer. This can be done by going to Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Add a Printer. This will bring up a very easy to use wizard which will guide you through the process of installing the printer automatically.

Hope this is helpful!


Hi :) 

Yes that will work with making the PRINTER work, but scanners and other software will NOT work on the same printer...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
February 25, 2012 5:05:26 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Yes that will work with making the PRINTER work, but scanners and other software will NOT work on the same printer...

All the best Brett :) 


He's dealing with a printer. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "scanners and other software will NOT work on the same printer." As a scanner is a different piece of hardware, I'm not sure about how that's relevant whatsoever. If you could provide some explanation I'd be grateful.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
a b α HP
February 25, 2012 7:09:57 PM

PudgyChicken said:
He's dealing with a printer. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "scanners and other software will NOT work on the same printer." As a scanner is a different piece of hardware, I'm not sure about how that's relevant whatsoever. If you could provide some explanation I'd be grateful.



Hi :) 

Ok ...Windows 7 installs a BASIC driver that makes the printer actually PRINT but nothing more...

In other words , if its a PSC (printer , scanner, copier) then ONLY the printer will work...

This one has no scanner , but NOTHING else will work with the basic driver....no software, no ink level/toner level software, no networking, no nothing...lol

This applies to ALL Windows 7 basic printer drivers....they will make just about any printer actually print.....but nothing else....

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
!