Gpu usage neer above 50 percent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schecterplayer

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
i just bought a gtx 660 to upgrade from my 6850. i noticed in borderlands 2 the performance was complete garbage... i tried a couple other games, batman arkham city, borderlands 1. i don get it. why did i pay 250 dollars for a card thats only being half used...

Solution
Do you have Battlefield 3?

For me and all my friends, it runs the GPU @ 100% during all gameplay, at least that's what the monitoring program's tell us.

Also, post ur system's other specs.
Mobo, PSU wattage, RAM, CPU, and temps during gameplay (just a ballpark to see if something's just not getting hot)

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
edit: Actually, the first thing you should probably check is that you completely uninstalled your AMD drivers. Try using DriverSweeper (in safemode I think) to get rid of the AMD stuff. I am pretty sure there are issues created by having both drivers installed.

What CPU do you have?

The GPU get's told to work by the CPU, if the CPU doesn't request a scene to be rendered often enough, the GPU doesn't do anything.

However, if you have anything relatively modern and reasonably powerful, it's probably not the problem in something like borderlands.

Do you have windows setup for maximum performance mode? How about any settings in the nVidia controller for graphics settings?

How are the temps on your card?

Have you tried the latest drivers? how about some older ones?

nbelote

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
If you have a Pentium Dual Core and a 660 then you're pretty much screwed, you wasted money and you're bottlenecked at the CPU. Or if you don't have enough RAM... or if your PSU is too weak to support the CPU's actual power requirements and it can't get up over 50% because it can't draw enough power.

ittimjones

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
Do you have Battlefield 3?

For me and all my friends, it runs the GPU @ 100% during all gameplay, at least that's what the monitoring program's tell us.

Also, post ur system's other specs.
Mobo, PSU wattage, RAM, CPU, and temps during gameplay (just a ballpark to see if something's just not getting hot)

Solution

schecterplayer

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
its funny how sometimes i post something and get no reply but then others so many people reply lo. thanks for the help here guys. i have done all driver erasing and new drivers for the card. old amd drivers are gone. i did notice that in bf3 the usage was 100. so was when i really cranked rage to its max. so i guess the card is only using what it needs to.

nbelote

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Sometimes people don't have the answers. Other times, the only people viewing don't care (or don't know, or don't want to know) and by the time the people with answers show up, the post has slid too far down the forum.

schecterplayer

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

well its nice to actually get some help. for awhile i thought this place was dead lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS