what are you using this build for? if its gaming, it can be done for 1500. if its work, it can be done for around 1850, and if its for extreme amounts of rendering and work, it can be done for 2500

please state

-usage
-if you are going to run multiple video cards

ill build you something better

L4T1NO

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Using it for games but wanting to play it in highest settings without any problem.
Don't know what overclocking is so probably not doing that
I'm only running 1 GTX 690.

Also I want to use that case... money is not really a problem, whats wrong with my stuff.

a 690 is overkill.

what is a build without overclocking? why are you spending so much and not overclocking?

at this rate, all you need to spend is 1500 to achieve the same gaming performance that you can actually see

just saying, you can get bored of the phantom's design real fast

this is all you need. you can pretty much play everything at max. AA in metro 2033 will not be maxed with both a 690 or a 670, therefore dont try. same goes for the witcher 2

a 670 performs the same as the 690 if you are using a 60hz monitor
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qLLQ

L4T1NO

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
Alright looks good man thanks, just one question... if I was to get what I posted, will it all work well together and fit in case? Def going with your suggestion, but just wanted to know.

L4T1NO

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
This is actually not for me but for a friend and he said he doesn't want to change anything... that he wants the "best". Also he wants to know if there is a better motherboard to use.

if you have a 60hz monitor, the extra frames from the 690 would = nothing at all since the monitor cannot display more frames per second.

if you want the best video card that i would get, id get this. but keep in mind that this only performs 2-5 fps more than the 670 in almost all situations. i would never get it for how much it costs just to get 5fps but ill put out the option anyways

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202001&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

well tell him that getting the best doesnt mean getting more performance

there are better motherboards but i doubt he can even use the features, therefore a better motherboard is wasted

and no the board i picked will not work with the CPU you picked. or vise versa

same one i recommended

L4T1NO

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012

what features?

4way SLI, overclocking (90% why people would get this board),onboard software features,video card hotwiring, onboard power buttons, and just about everything that makes this board unique

i would NEVER get this board unless you are going for a world record with LN2 benching or if you are going for a full out watercooled system with all heat generating components on the motherboard watercooled for overclocking

L4T1NO

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
He wants to know for the ram , he wants the Corsair Vengeance 16gb but should he the 4x 4gb or different one?

and will he have enough space to download about 150 games with his config