Uninstalled Virtu MVP and lost display drivers?

Hey there,

I recently built this computer:

Intel i5 3570k 3.4 Ghz
AsRock z77 Extreme 4
EVGA NVIDIA GTX 460
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 1866 x2
OCZ Vertex 4 120 GB SSD

I used the GTX 460 out of my last computer. After building this one, it was running fine aside from a BSOD every once in a while which I think is now fixed. However, whenever I would try to run the NVIDIA control panel, it would never open, despite multiple instances of it running in my Processes tab in the task manager. I tried uninstalling the Virtu MVP to perhaps fix this problem, but now NVIDIA control panel does not show up in my right-click menu, and trying to open it from the system tray yields the error "You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU".

I have just replaced my 460 with a brand new EVGA 660 Ti 2GB and reinstalled the updated drivers for it, but no to avail. Should i reinstall Virtu MVP (i'd rather not)? Or is this easily fixed?
3 answers Last reply
More about uninstalled virtu lost display drivers
  1. reboot, tap f8, directory restore , pick restore point to the date it was working
  2. Thanks for replying!

Would you mind elaborating a bit, perhaps? I can get into directory restore mode, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

Thanks again.
  3. Would also like to add that BIOS recognizes that an HD Audio device is in the PCIE slot, but not a video device.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics