1gb dedicated 7670m or 2gb dedicated 7670m

whats the difference between the two above mentioned GPUs. i was trying to configure a laptop with IB corei5 3210 and it asked me if i want 1GB graphics or 2GB graphics but the model number of the card was the same.. please advice on the following
7 answers Last reply
More about dedicated 7670m dedicated 7670m
  1. The difference is the graphics memory which is used for textures and rendering. The 1gb is more than enough and the 2 gb is a marketing trick. The 2 will perform exactly the same.
  2. esrever said:
    The difference is the graphics memory which is used for textures and rendering. The 1gb is more than enough and the 2 gb is a marketing trick. The 2 will perform exactly the same.

thank you so much for the information.. my usage is only photohop premiere pro and games like COD and CS GO... so 1 gb should do good right?

and last question that i wanted to ask was should i go with the IB corei53210 or for the A10-4600 cause i have that option too
  3. If you had a high-end GPU I would say that 2GB would be helpful but a 7670m is not at all high end.
  4. nbelote said:
    If you had a high-end GPU I would say that 2GB would be helpful but a 7670m is not at all high end.

unfortunately i have budget constraints so i cannot really go with a high end GPU. if you have any laptops that i can get below 700$ then that would be really helpful.

Also can you please suggest an IB i5 3210 or an A10-4600 ???????
  5. Sunny5 said:
    thank you so much for the information.. my usage is only photohop premiere pro and games like COD and CS GO... so 1 gb should do good right?

and last question that i wanted to ask was should i go with the IB corei53210 or for the A10-4600 cause i have that option too

The A10 is probably better if you are doing photoshop and gaming, the gpu in the A10 can crossfire with the 7670m. I'd say 1 gb is more than enough.
  6. 2GB is useful in SLI/Crossfire because the memory is not doubled like everything else

but for this card? i just don't get it

if you are going onboard/integrated video then go AMD A10, if you are going dedicated separate card the i5 with 1GB card
  7. abbadon_34 said:
    2GB is useful in SLI/Crossfire because the memory is not doubled like everything else

but for this card? i just don't get it

if you are going onboard/integrated video then go AMD A10, if you are going dedicated separate card the i5 with 1GB card

thank you so much
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Configuration Graphics