Multi-Exposure

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 25, 2005 1:17:59 AM

I think the answer is probably NO, but does any of the digital SLR have the
ability to perform multiple exposure? My elan-II E allows this, and I use it
alot.
Thanks!

More about : multi exposure

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 1:18:00 AM

DelphiCoder wrote:

> I think the answer is probably NO, but does any of the digital SLR have the
> ability to perform multiple exposure? My elan-II E allows this, and I use it
> alot.

The Maxxum 7D, no.

The 'way' in DSLR's is to make individual exposures and then merge by
layer in photoshop. Much easier, if less challenging and fun.

Cheers,
Alan.

-- slr-systems FAQ project: http://tinyurl.com/6m9aw
-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
April 25, 2005 1:18:00 AM

"DelphiCoder" <delphicoder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I think the answer is probably NO, but does any of the digital SLR have the
> ability to perform multiple exposure? My elan-II E allows this, and I use
> it
> alot.
> Thanks!

The Pentax *ist D can do up to nine exposures on a single "frame"
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 1:18:00 AM

"DelphiCoder" <delphicoder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I think the answer is probably NO, but does any of the digital SLR have the
> ability to perform multiple exposure? My elan-II E allows this, and I use
> it
> alot.
> Thanks!

Not sure what your definition of multiple exposure is. The D70 will
automatically bracket several exposures when shooting in single or
continuous mode. In continuous mode you just hold the shutter down and it
will quickly (depending on shutter speed) knock off three different
exposures.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 1:18:00 AM

"DelphiCoder" <delphicoder@hotmail.com> writes:

> I think the answer is probably NO, but does any of the digital SLR have the
> ability to perform multiple exposure? My elan-II E allows this, and I use it
> alot.

I noticed last month that the Fuji S2 will perform multiple
exposures. I haven't tried it, but it's in the manual and on the
control dial.
April 25, 2005 1:42:44 AM

I guess I should have looked before asking the question! It looks like the
rebel xt has multiple exposure. Weird. no sure how that is possible, but I
am glad none the less.

"DelphiCoder" <delphicoder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I think the answer is probably NO, but does any of the digital SLR have
the
> ability to perform multiple exposure? My elan-II E allows this, and I use
it
> alot.
> Thanks!

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 2:16:14 AM

DelphiCoder <delphicoder@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I think the answer is probably NO, but does any of the digital SLR have the
> ability to perform multiple exposure? My elan-II E allows this, and I use it
> alot.

Several of them do have the feature, but I really can't see any point to it.
With digital it would be much better to just take the shots and combine them
in Photoshop.

--
Jeremy | jeremy@exit109.com
Anonymous

"Jeremy Nixon" <jeremy@exit109.com> wrote in message
> DelphiCoder <delphicoder@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think the answer is probably NO, but does any of the digital SLR have
the
> > ability to perform multiple exposure? My elan-II E allows this, and I
use it
> > alot.
>
> Several of them do have the feature, but I really can't see any point to
it.
> With digital it would be much better to just take the shots and combine
them
> in Photoshop.

Somewhere in the world there is undoubtedly a stoneage tribe who, after
having been introduced to modern steel tools, now sit around bitching about
how much better life was when a "proper" hammer consisted of rock lashed to
a stick with strings of uncured animal hide.

When a paradigm shifts quickly, some people fall off the back of the truck.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 3:51:22 AM

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:17:37 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@dd-b.net>
wrote:

>I noticed last month that the Fuji S2 will perform multiple
>exposures. I haven't tried it, but it's in the manual and on the
>control dial.

I think that is the Fuji S3. The only photographers who may want
multiple exposures are hard news photojournalists who are restricted
by their ethics in the area of image manipulation, which is considered
a no-no, but not in camera manipulation.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 3:52:11 AM

Thanks for all the responses!

"DelphiCoder" <delphicoder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I think the answer is probably NO, but does any of the digital SLR have the
> ability to perform multiple exposure? My elan-II E allows this, and I use
> it
> alot.
> Thanks!

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 8:05:51 AM

Paul H. <xxpaulhtck@zzcomcast.yycom> wrote:

> Somewhere in the world there is undoubtedly a stoneage tribe who, after
> having been introduced to modern steel tools, now sit around bitching about
> how much better life was when a "proper" hammer consisted of rock lashed to
> a stick with strings of uncured animal hide.

Those were, indeed, the days.

--
Jeremy | jeremy@exit109.com
April 25, 2005 1:26:16 PM

"DelphiCoder" wrote
> I think the answer is probably NO, but does any of the digital SLR have
the
> ability to perform multiple exposure? My elan-II E allows this, and I use
it
> alot.
> Thanks!

The D2X does it.

Cheers,
ink
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 2:12:00 PM

Sheldon wrote:

> Not sure what your definition of multiple exposure is.

In a film camera, leaving the frame in place and making a second, third
.... etc. exposure on the frame. If exposing "over" an area, usually
expose about 2/3 stop under per number of exposures on that frame. If
working 'dark areas' expose normally.

You can 'fake' this with a digital that doesn't have ME by holding the
shutter open and covering the lens with a black hat between shots. Most
effective for flash work, much harder for available light if it's very
strong.

Cheers,
Alan

-- slr-systems FAQ project: http://tinyurl.com/6m9aw
-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 5:00:07 PM

"Darrell" <spam@this.eh> wrote in message
news:p YudnTlm3sRsh_HfRVn-qg@rogers.com...

> "DelphiCoder" <delphicoder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I think the answer is probably NO, but does any of the digital SLR have
the
> > ability to perform multiple exposure? My elan-II E allows this, and I
use
> > it
> > alot.
> > Thanks!
> >
> The Pentax *ist D can do up to nine exposures on a single "frame"

It can?
Can the *istDs (STUPID STUPID NAME!) do it too?

--
Jeff R.
Anonymous

"DelphiCoder" <delphicoder@hotmail.com> wrote

Not many Delphi Coders around. What state are you from?

> I think the answer is probably NO, but does any of the digital SLR have
the
> ability to perform multiple exposure? My elan-II E allows this, and I use
it
> alot.

You can always blend two images in your photo editing software.

--
Mark Lauter

Photos, Ideas & Opinions
http://www.marklauter.com
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 7:44:42 PM

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:53:40 GMT, "Mark Lauter"
<available_upon_request@just_ask_in_a_post.com> wrote:

>"DelphiCoder" <delphicoder@hotmail.com> wrote
>
>Not many Delphi Coders around. What state are you from?

procedure TMainForm.Tell_Him( Who : String );
begin
showmessage('Dear ' + Who + '. Anyone who knows Pascal can code in
Delphi too.' + #13#10 + 'Any programmer who didn''t learn Pascal
remains uneducated.');
end;

procedure TMainForm.FormShow(Sender: TObject);
begin
Tell_Him('Mark');
end;

>> I think the answer is probably NO, but does any of the digital SLR have
>the
>> ability to perform multiple exposure? My elan-II E allows this, and I use
>it
>> alot.
>
>You can always blend two images in your photo editing software.

Yes, and with a lot more power and flexibility than you get trying to
do this in-camera. An exception would be when you need to mix a
significantly high number of exposures - film will be less hassle.

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

> >You can always blend two images in your photo editing software.
>
> Yes, and with a lot more power and flexibility than you get trying to
> do this in-camera. An exception would be when you need to mix a
> significantly high number of exposures - film will be less hassle.

I wonder though if I could use the multi-exp feature to do this pre-exposure
technique I read about last week. Hmmm...

--
Mark Lauter

Photos, Ideas & Opinions
http://www.marklauter.com
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 11:43:35 PM

McLeod <cerveza@xplornet.com> writes:

> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:17:37 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@dd-b.net>
> wrote:
>
>>I noticed last month that the Fuji S2 will perform multiple
>>exposures. I haven't tried it, but it's in the manual and on the
>>control dial.
>
> I think that is the Fuji S3. The only photographers who may want
> multiple exposures are hard news photojournalists who are restricted
> by their ethics in the area of image manipulation, which is considered
> a no-no, but not in camera manipulation.

Nope; I definitely have the S2, not the S3!

Actually, I think primarily *artists* would want in-camera multiple
exposure.
April 26, 2005 3:18:24 AM

I am located in VA.

"Mark Lauter" <available_upon_request@just_ask_in_a_post.com> wrote in
message news:ED6be.23968$5f.20128@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> "DelphiCoder" <delphicoder@hotmail.com> wrote
>
> Not many Delphi Coders around. What state are you from?
>
> > I think the answer is probably NO, but does any of the digital SLR have
> the
> > ability to perform multiple exposure? My elan-II E allows this, and I
use
> it
> > alot.
>
> You can always blend two images in your photo editing software.
>
> --
> Mark Lauter
>
> Photos, Ideas & Opinions
> http://www.marklauter.com

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 7:36:09 AM

"DelphiCoder" <delphicoder@hotmail.com> wrote

> > Not many Delphi Coders around. What state are you from?

> I am located in VA.

Cool. Ever stop by b.p.o-t?

--
Mark Lauter

Photos, Ideas & Opinions
http://www.marklauter.com
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 3:49:01 PM

Havent in a couple of months, but just started back as one of the first
things I do. I used to be on it every day (reading it that is). Just got
busy with so many other projects.

"Mark Lauter" <available_upon_request@just_ask_in_a_post.com> wrote in
message news:JGibe.13261$716.947@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> "DelphiCoder" <delphicoder@hotmail.com> wrote
>
> > > Not many Delphi Coders around. What state are you from?
>
> > I am located in VA.
>
> Cool. Ever stop by b.p.o-t?
>
> --
> Mark Lauter
>
> Photos, Ideas & Opinions
> http://www.marklauter.com

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 3:51:35 PM

I misread that. I normally stop by on b.p.d.n-t. I will check out the
b.p.o-t.

"Mark Lauter" <available_upon_request@just_ask_in_a_post.com> wrote in
message news:JGibe.13261$716.947@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> "DelphiCoder" <delphicoder@hotmail.com> wrote
>
> > > Not many Delphi Coders around. What state are you from?
>
> > I am located in VA.
>
> Cool. Ever stop by b.p.o-t?
>
> --
> Mark Lauter
>
> Photos, Ideas & Opinions
> http://www.marklauter.com

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 7:17:40 PM

"DelphiCoder" <delphicoder@hotmail.com> wrote

> > Cool. Ever stop by b.p.o-t?

> I misread that. I normally stop by on b.p.d.n-t. I will check out the
> b.p.o-t.

I guess usenet is a small world :)

--
Mark Lauter