RTCW 2 announced

Last response: in Video Games
July 19, 2004 10:35:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

http://www.xfire.be/index.php?category=7&id=1186

Apparently it's confirmed that RTCW2 is in production... with another
software house though, not activision.

More about : rtcw announced

Anonymous
July 19, 2004 10:35:24 PM

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:35:23 +0100, Heckler ²°°³ wrote:

> http://www.xfire.be/index.php?category=7&id=1186
>
> Apparently it's confirmed that RTCW2 is in production... with another
> software house though, not activision.

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say "confirmed", based on that...

Linux Registered User #327951
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 2:46:25 AM

"Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.org> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.07.19.18.39.55.114219@invalid.org...
> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:35:23 +0100, Heckler ²°°³ wrote:
>
> > http://www.xfire.be/index.php?category=7&id=1186
> >
> > Apparently it's confirmed that RTCW2 is in production... with another
> > software house though, not activision.
>
> I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say "confirmed", based on that...

I found some more links, splash damage are currently producing a game for
ID/Activision based on the Doom 3 engine.. and seeing as splash damge
emerged from the RTCW mod scene... I think it's a pretty safe bet that it's
RTCW 2. Just awaiting the official statement.. but Todd's Hollenshead says
it's in development... and splash damage have been recruiting level
designers, 3d modellers.. etc.

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 20, 2004 12:23:49 PM

"Heckler ²°°³" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<2m2tp8Fib91vU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.org> wrote in message
> news:p an.2004.07.19.18.39.55.114219@invalid.org...
> > On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:35:23 +0100, Heckler ²°°³ wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.xfire.be/index.php?category=7&id=1186
> > >
> > > Apparently it's confirmed that RTCW2 is in production... with another
> > > software house though, not activision.
> >
> > I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say "confirmed", based on that...
>
> I found some more links, splash damage are currently producing a game for
> ID/Activision based on the Doom 3 engine.. and seeing as splash damge
> emerged from the RTCW mod scene... I think it's a pretty safe bet that it's
> RTCW 2. Just awaiting the official statement.. but Todd's Hollenshead says
> it's in development... and splash damage have been recruiting level
> designers, 3d modellers.. etc.

Personally, I don't think anyone knows this game better than us game
players who have been addicted to it since it came out. Hopefully,
they are talking to people like us about what changes to make. Will
there be a decent multiplayer version? Doom 3 is focused on single
player. If it does happen, I wonder how this will effect the master
servers running the current game.

July 20, 2004 9:52:24 PM

Heckler ²°°³ wrote:

> http://www.xfire.be/index.php?category=7&id=1186

great news! I didn't play much games but rtcw is still my number one. ET
isn't.

But I am worry that rtcw2 is full with 'special' classes and weapons. I like
it easy and clear without too much extras, like rtcw is. ET has reached the
limit for me. Just my 2 cents.

> Apparently it's confirmed that RTCW2 is in production... with another
> software house though, not activision.

HM
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 11:13:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Nitro <jtechmart@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:fe33cbe9.0407200723.7699380f@posting.google.com :

> Doom 3 is focused on single
> player.

Can`t agree with it - even on Qcon 2k4 there will be Doom3 tournament
and D3 mp will become very popular.

--
Jurczyk na Marsa lub do altanki ! http://jurczyk.unspl.com

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning." - Colonel Bill Kilgore
e-mail: kropa@post.pl ICQ#:56538615 GG#:152255
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 11:14:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Hans-Martin Bundeshund <bundeshund@yahoo.de> wrote in
news:cdjf3m$9vu$05$1@news.t-online.com :

> But I am worry that rtcw2 is full with 'special' classes and
> weapons. I like it easy and clear without too much extras, like
> rtcw is. ET has reached the limit for me. Just my 2 cents.

Ye,lets hope they wont add "noobsticks",mines,xp and this shitty
hitboxes.

--
Jurczyk na Marsa lub do altanki ! http://jurczyk.unspl.com

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning." - Colonel Bill Kilgore
e-mail: kropa@post.pl ICQ#:56538615 GG#:152255
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 12:46:04 AM

kropa wrote:

> Hans-Martin Bundeshund <bundeshund@yahoo.de> wrote in
> news:cdjf3m$9vu$05$1@news.t-online.com :
>
>> But I am worry that rtcw2 is full with 'special' classes and
>> weapons. I like it easy and clear without too much extras, like
>> rtcw is. ET has reached the limit for me. Just my 2 cents.
>>

> Ye,lets hope they wont add "noobsticks",mines,xp and this shitty
> hitboxes.

I like your sig:

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world
smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore (Robert Duvall), Apocalypse Now 1979
July 23, 2004 11:16:45 AM

kropa <kropa@WYTNIJTO.post.pl> wrote in message news:<Xns952CC3A2E99AEkropawytnijtopost@212.85.112.42>...
> Nitro <jtechmart@yahoo.com> wrote in
> news:fe33cbe9.0407200723.7699380f@posting.google.com :
>
> > Doom 3 is focused on single
> > player.
>
> Can`t agree with it - even on Qcon 2k4 there will be Doom3 tournament
> and D3 mp will become very popular.

Well, you're probably right. I'm just going based on the press
coverage of Doom3 as it came out. I thought the development team said
that even though there will be a multiplayer element, the focus is on
single player mode.
Anonymous
July 23, 2004 3:44:18 PM

news:cdmdl9$hl8$03$1@news.t-online.com :

> I like your sig:

Yup, from the best movie ever :D

--
Jurczyk na Marsa lub do altanki ! http://jurczyk.unspl.com

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning." - Colonel Bill Kilgore
e-mail: kropa@post.pl ICQ#:56538615 GG#:152255
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 6:23:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

On 23 Jul 2004 07:16:45 -0700, jtechmart@yahoo.com (Nitro) warbled
tunelessly:

>kropa <kropa@WYTNIJTO.post.pl> wrote in message news:<Xns952CC3A2E99AEkropawytnijtopost@212.85.112.42>...
>> Nitro <jtechmart@yahoo.com> wrote in
>> news:fe33cbe9.0407200723.7699380f@posting.google.com :
>>
>> > Doom 3 is focused on single
>> > player.
>>
>> Can`t agree with it - even on Qcon 2k4 there will be Doom3 tournament
>> and D3 mp will become very popular.
>
>Well, you're probably right. I'm just going based on the press
>coverage of Doom3 as it came out. I thought the development team said
>that even though there will be a multiplayer element, the focus is on
>single player mode.

Sadly, MP will only support 4 players..:(
!