RTCW 2 announced

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

http://www.xfire.be/index.php?category=7&id=1186

Apparently it's confirmed that RTCW2 is in production... with another
software house though, not activision.

More about rtcw announced
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:35:23 +0100, Heckler ²°°³ wrote:

    > http://www.xfire.be/index.php?category=7&id=1186
    >
    > Apparently it's confirmed that RTCW2 is in production... with another
    > software house though, not activision.

    I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say "confirmed", based on that...

    Linux Registered User #327951
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.org> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:35:23 +0100, Heckler ²°°³ wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.xfire.be/index.php?category=7&id=1186
    > >
    > > Apparently it's confirmed that RTCW2 is in production... with another
    > > software house though, not activision.
    >
    > I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say "confirmed", based on that...

    I found some more links, splash damage are currently producing a game for
    ID/Activision based on the Doom 3 engine.. and seeing as splash damge
    emerged from the RTCW mod scene... I think it's a pretty safe bet that it's
    RTCW 2. Just awaiting the official statement.. but Todd's Hollenshead says
    it's in development... and splash damage have been recruiting level
    designers, 3d modellers.. etc.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Heckler ²°°³" <spam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<2m2tp8Fib91vU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > "Dan C" <youmustbejoking@invalid.org> wrote in message
    > > On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:35:23 +0100, Heckler ²°°³ wrote:
    > >
    > > > http://www.xfire.be/index.php?category=7&id=1186
    > > >
    > > > Apparently it's confirmed that RTCW2 is in production... with another
    > > > software house though, not activision.
    > >
    > > I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say "confirmed", based on that...
    >
    > I found some more links, splash damage are currently producing a game for
    > ID/Activision based on the Doom 3 engine.. and seeing as splash damge
    > emerged from the RTCW mod scene... I think it's a pretty safe bet that it's
    > RTCW 2. Just awaiting the official statement.. but Todd's Hollenshead says
    > it's in development... and splash damage have been recruiting level
    > designers, 3d modellers.. etc.

    Personally, I don't think anyone knows this game better than us game
    players who have been addicted to it since it came out. Hopefully,
    they are talking to people like us about what changes to make. Will
    there be a decent multiplayer version? Doom 3 is focused on single
    player. If it does happen, I wonder how this will effect the master
    servers running the current game.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Heckler ²°°³ wrote:

    > http://www.xfire.be/index.php?category=7&id=1186

    great news! I didn't play much games but rtcw is still my number one. ET
    isn't.

    But I am worry that rtcw2 is full with 'special' classes and weapons. I like
    it easy and clear without too much extras, like rtcw is. ET has reached the
    limit for me. Just my 2 cents.

    > Apparently it's confirmed that RTCW2 is in production... with another
    > software house though, not activision.

    HM
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Nitro <jtechmart@yahoo.com> wrote in
    news:fe33cbe9.0407200723.7699380f@posting.google.com :

    > Doom 3 is focused on single
    > player.

    Can`t agree with it - even on Qcon 2k4 there will be Doom3 tournament
    and D3 mp will become very popular.

    --
    Jurczyk na Marsa lub do altanki ! http://jurczyk.unspl.com

    "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." - Colonel Bill Kilgore
    e-mail: kropa@post.pl ICQ#:56538615 GG#:152255
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Hans-Martin Bundeshund <bundeshund@yahoo.de> wrote in
    news:cdjf3m$9vu$05$1@news.t-online.com :

    > But I am worry that rtcw2 is full with 'special' classes and
    > weapons. I like it easy and clear without too much extras, like
    > rtcw is. ET has reached the limit for me. Just my 2 cents.

    Ye,lets hope they wont add "noobsticks",mines,xp and this shitty
    hitboxes.

    --
    Jurczyk na Marsa lub do altanki ! http://jurczyk.unspl.com

    "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." - Colonel Bill Kilgore
    e-mail: kropa@post.pl ICQ#:56538615 GG#:152255
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    kropa wrote:

    > Hans-Martin Bundeshund <bundeshund@yahoo.de> wrote in
    > news:cdjf3m$9vu$05$1@news.t-online.com :
    >
    >> But I am worry that rtcw2 is full with 'special' classes and
    >> weapons. I like it easy and clear without too much extras, like
    >> rtcw is. ET has reached the limit for me. Just my 2 cents.
    >>

    > Ye,lets hope they wont add "noobsticks",mines,xp and this shitty
    > hitboxes.

    I like your sig:

    "You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world
    smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

    Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore (Robert Duvall), Apocalypse Now 1979
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    kropa <kropa@WYTNIJTO.post.pl> wrote in message news:<Xns952CC3A2E99AEkropawytnijtopost@212.85.112.42>...
    > Nitro <jtechmart@yahoo.com> wrote in
    > news:fe33cbe9.0407200723.7699380f@posting.google.com :
    >
    > > Doom 3 is focused on single
    > > player.
    >
    > Can`t agree with it - even on Qcon 2k4 there will be Doom3 tournament
    > and D3 mp will become very popular.

    Well, you're probably right. I'm just going based on the press
    coverage of Doom3 as it came out. I thought the development team said
    that even though there will be a multiplayer element, the focus is on
    single player mode.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Hans-Martin Bundeshund <bundeshund@yahoo.de> wrote in
    news:cdmdl9$hl8$03$1@news.t-online.com :

    > I like your sig:

    Yup, from the best movie ever :D

    --
    Jurczyk na Marsa lub do altanki ! http://jurczyk.unspl.com

    "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." - Colonel Bill Kilgore
    e-mail: kropa@post.pl ICQ#:56538615 GG#:152255
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On 23 Jul 2004 07:16:45 -0700, jtechmart@yahoo.com (Nitro) warbled
    tunelessly:

    >kropa <kropa@WYTNIJTO.post.pl> wrote in message news:<Xns952CC3A2E99AEkropawytnijtopost@212.85.112.42>...
    >> Nitro <jtechmart@yahoo.com> wrote in
    >> news:fe33cbe9.0407200723.7699380f@posting.google.com :
    >>
    >> > Doom 3 is focused on single
    >> > player.
    >>
    >> Can`t agree with it - even on Qcon 2k4 there will be Doom3 tournament
    >> and D3 mp will become very popular.
    >
    >Well, you're probably right. I'm just going based on the press
    >coverage of Doom3 as it came out. I thought the development team said
    >that even though there will be a multiplayer element, the focus is on
    >single player mode.

    Sadly, MP will only support 4 players..:(

Games Software Video Games