20D as movie camera?

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 24, 2005 11:01:07 PM

A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

More about : 20d movie camera

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 8:02:35 AM

On 4/24/05 9:01 PM, in article AbYae.69535$lz2.58086@fed1read07, "Skip M"
<shadowcatcher@cox.net> wrote:

> A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...
>
> http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html
Thanks for the link - a really novel and interesting idea! That certainly
was a *lot* of 20D exposures. Those clicking on the link should be
forewarned that a fast connection helps a lot.
Chuck
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 25, 2005 9:12:34 AM

C Wright wrote:
> On 4/24/05 9:01 PM, in article AbYae.69535$lz2.58086@fed1read07, "Skip M"
> <shadowcatcher@cox.net> wrote:
>

>>A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...
>>
>>http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html
>
> Thanks for the link - a really novel and interesting idea! That certainly
> was a *lot* of 20D exposures. Those clicking on the link should be
> forewarned that a fast connection helps a lot.
> Chuck

cute. thanx.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 10:38:08 AM

Skip M wrote:
> A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool
> concept...
> http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Warning - loud noise on Web site and extra Quicktime plug in stated to be
required.

David
April 25, 2005 1:30:41 PM

"C Wright" <wright9_nojunk@nojunk_mac.com> wrote in message
> On 4/24/05 9:01 PM, in article AbYae.69535$lz2.58086@fed1read07, "Skip M"
> <shadowcatcher@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...
>>
>> http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html
> Thanks for the link - a really novel and interesting idea! That certainly
> was a *lot* of 20D exposures. Those clicking on the link should be
> forewarned that a fast connection helps a lot.
> Chuck

I would assume he was using a notebook and remote assistant type software to
get around the buffer problems.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 2:26:40 PM

Skip M wrote:

> A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...
>
> http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

Well done, though the sound track is irritating as hell.

-- slr-systems FAQ project: http://tinyurl.com/6m9aw
-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
April 25, 2005 6:01:41 PM

Darrell wrote:
> "C Wright" <wright9_nojunk@nojunk_mac.com> wrote in message
>
>>On 4/24/05 9:01 PM, in article AbYae.69535$lz2.58086@fed1read07, "Skip M"
>><shadowcatcher@cox.net> wrote:
>>

>>>A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...
>>>
>>>http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html
>>
>>Thanks for the link - a really novel and interesting idea! That certainly
>>was a *lot* of 20D exposures. Those clicking on the link should be
>>forewarned that a fast connection helps a lot.
>>Chuck
>>

> I would assume he was using a notebook and remote assistant type software to
> get around the buffer problems.

How about using small JPG? The buffer might be sufficient. I personally
would just use my Elura camcorder in progressive mode to fake it or
better yet a S2. ;)
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 6:48:43 PM

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:01:07 -0700, Skip M wrote:

> A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...
>
> http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

HAd all sorts of problems with Quiktime plug-ins in IE. Corrupted files
during download, etc.

Must be a Canon thing. :-)

--
Be careful what you wish for.
Anonymous

news:D 4iumm$h9e$2@inews.gazeta.pl...
> Skip M wrote:
>
>> A friend sent me this link the other day. I think it's a cool concept...
>>
>> http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html
>>

> Well done, though the sound track is irritating as hell.

Yeah, I just turned the sound down. A motor drive sound track is sort of
irrelevant, isn't it?

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 2:48:51 AM

In article <d4iumm$h9e$2@inews.gazeta.pl>,

> Well done

It sure didn't do much for me.

All I could think of was the (apparently) finite lifespan of the shutter being
squandered for such a frivolous production.

> the sound track is irritating as hell.

Agreed. I've heard better with fingernails on a chalkboard.

<sigh>
JR
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 1:26:48 PM

Jim Redelfs wrote:

> In article <d4iumm$h9e$2@inews.gazeta.pl>,
> Alan Browne <alan.browne@freelunchVideotron.ca> wrote:
>

>>Well done
>

> It sure didn't do much for me.
>
> All I could think of was the (apparently) finite lifespan of the shutter being
> squandered for such a frivolous production.

If you call that frivilous, then you might as well call 99.9% of
hollywood output the same.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 4:34:21 PM

In article <d4lfiq$pbv$1@inews.gazeta.pl>,

>> All I could think of was the (apparently) finite lifespan of the
>> shutter being squandered for such a frivolous production.

> If you call that frivilous, then you might as well call 99.9% of
> hollywood output the same.

OK. 99.9% of Hollywood output is frivolous.

:)
JR
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 5:49:33 PM

Alan Browne wrote:
[]
> If you call that frivilous, then you might as well call 99.9% of
> hollywood output the same.

I'd agree with that view.

David
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 9:04:44 PM

news:D 4lfiq$pbv$1@inews.gazeta.pl...
> Jim Redelfs wrote:
>
>> In article <d4iumm$h9e$2@inews.gazeta.pl>,
>> Alan Browne <alan.browne@freelunchVideotron.ca> wrote:
>>

>>>Well done
>>

>> It sure didn't do much for me.
>>
>> All I could think of was the (apparently) finite lifespan of the shutter
>> being squandered for such a frivolous production.
>
> If you call that frivilous, then you might as well call 99.9% of hollywood
> output the same.

Some do... ;-)

--
!